The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to go out to Iowa for an archery hunt. I have the points but have not settled on an outfitter. Anyone been out there and how was your experience?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I do not know much about any particular outfitters, but stick to zone 4 or 5. Iowa hunting is amazing. I have property in Zone 4 near Lamoni, IA and I have seen bucks every year in that area that will gross over 180 inches. I only get to archery hunt every 3 to 4 years but its still fun to see them.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
J&S Trophy Outfitters.
His operation is located in the southeast corner of the state.
Always had a good experience with Steve Shoop and his guides.
Check out his website

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
I've been out DIY in 2012 and 2016. Both trips have been successful where we have tagged out in Zone 4. I wish I could go back every year. Already cant wait for the next trip.

I met some guys involved with Whitetail Extreme. They have ties to the middle part of our state. Seemed like good guys.

Good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I would second J&S Trophy Hunts for Iowa. They have been taking few hunters the last couple years so the bucks are growing big there. Worth checking out. Last season only had 10 bowhunters - 5 shotgun hunters - 3 late muzzy guys so pressure has been light so many large bucks available.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts