The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
13,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talk on a couple Ontario hunting forums. I've learned that parts of Ontario are considered residential and are limited to nothing above .277 caliber because "heavy bullets travel farther". Does that make any sense? I mean a guy is allowed to carry a .270 Winchester but not a .30-06 or a .45-70 and that's supposed to make someones house safe from stray rounds?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,364 Posts
in Maine, you can hunt deer with a 22mag. Some things are not meant to be understood
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
889 Posts
Political correctness gone amuck. Politicians with absolutely no knowledge making decisions they know nothing about. So what is new??

I stopped going to Canada when they decided I had to pay them to bring a firearm into their country. That hit a real nerve with me for some reason. I personally believe they do not want Americans there-only our money. Seen it too many times in the fishing trips we took for years to a little area near North Bay. Tom.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,781 Posts
moosehunter said:
Does that make any sense? I mean a guy is allowed to carry a .270 Winchester but not a .30-06 or a .45-70 and that's supposed to make someones house safe from stray rounds?

I think the 30-06 is outlawed because of its inferior killing power as compared to a 270 Mike.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
13,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Big Ken said:
moosehunter said:
Does that make any sense? I mean a guy is allowed to carry a .270 Winchester but not a .30-06 or a .45-70 and that's supposed to make someones house safe from stray rounds?

I think the 30-06 is outlawed because of its inferior killing power as compared to a 270 Mike.
Huh, that hadn't occured to me.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
13,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's good there are no moose in these 270 and under zones because it's a known fact .270 bullets bounce off Moose and sometimes injure the shooter on the deflection.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
39,022 Posts
moosehunter said:
I talk on a couple Ontario hunting forums. I've learned that parts of Ontario are considered residential and are limited to nothing above .277 caliber because "heavy bullets travel farther". Does that make any sense? I mean a guy is allowed to carry a .270 Winchester but not a .30-06 or a .45-70 and that's supposed to make someones house safe from stray rounds?
Sounds like they don't want you comin around Mike!
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top