The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped at my cousin's last night and he had a 2.8-10x44 Intensity Scope he ordered from Natchez. They were made by Weaver for Federal and are on clearance right now. We were both amazed at the light gathering and clarity of these scopes. We put it up next to a Buckmasters and Monarch and we both agreed that it was a brighter/clearer scope than the Nikons. I don't know how they will handle recoil but they seem like a very good scope for the price. He paid $70 for his at Nathcez and I found the 3-10x44 at Sportsman's Guide for $49 and ordered one for myself and two for him. I'm not trying to advertise for any of these companies but thought that if anyone is looking for a decent scope for a good price, you may want to check these out.

·
Registered
7,792 Posts
That's odd..I usually find "sportsman guide" stuff to be expensive, and I belong to the buyers club.....Good going, I'm anxious to see how the scope holds up.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was suprised also. These were originally $199 when they came out. I found a promo code for an additional $10 off and got all three for $155 including shipping

·
Registered
874 Posts
Very nice scopes for the money. I got four. Three of the 6.5-20's and one 4-12. All on clearance at Natchez.
Nice and clear and track good and return back to zero.
A bargain under the Intensity brand but now marketed under the 40/44 Weaver series and the price tag went up.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
I ordered one yesterday 3x10x44 $49.00 from natchezss.I was taking with the guy from customer service he made sure they are out of the Philippines plant.He stated they are the old style 44 MAG; scope made by Simmons .The company was sold and then resold,weaver owns them now and warranty this item

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Just make sure you are getting the right intensity optics scopes. There are old ones that are clear and bright and great scopes (they sold from $200 to $300) and then there is the newer version from ATK that are not very good. I've seen both on sale recently and picked up one of the older style and I've been happy with it. I'd be willing to bet the sportsmans guide ones are the newer cheaper ATK version and that is probably why their price was lower.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
ATK owns weaver and simmons. they began with the nitrex line a few years back. the intensity scope is non other than a renamed simmons 44mag(hence why the objectives are all 44mm). they are priced right there with barska and bsa, but the quality is a little better. a couple of buddies have the 44mag and they have not had any problems with it. the only thing is you cant compare the old from the new. the nitrex is made in japan (which is known for good glass)but the intensity line is made in the phillipines. Light Optical Works Japan makes the riflescopes for Bushnell (Elites), ATK nitrex, weaver, bushnell (elites) whereas the bushnell legends,some nikons, some simmons and the ATK intensity is mad by Kenko in the phillipines.
i wouldnt be taking it on any elk hunt in the near future but it should serve its purpose in the PA deer woods.
good luck and good shootin --tom

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
I was told the newer version from ATK that are made in china revolutionary aspherical lens system .
I spoke with the sportman guide on it and customer service said it was made in china
3x10x44 $49.00 from natchezss are the older model are out of the Philippines plant

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
definately the phillipines. the warranty section on the website even states "made in the phillipines" at the bottom of the page. lloks like sportsmans guide doesnt do their homework.

·
Registered
25,596 Posts
whereas the bushnell legends,some nikons, some simmons and the ATK intensity is mad by Kenko in the phillipines.
I have a fairly new 4x12x40AO Legend that is marked Japan, both on the scope and the box.

Natchez had them marked down in price about a month ago and since most other online sources no longer offer the Legend now, I'm assumin' Bushnell has dropped this line?

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
there wass supposed to be "some" in front of the legend. my bad. the legend is made in other places too. indonesia, china,japan, philippines.

·
Registered
25,596 Posts
Common with the sports optics business, since many of the less expensive brands can be made in any of those countries and things change from time to time.

Here's a list of products currently marketed by ATK. They've also been running the Lake City ammo plant for the government, for some time. It may have changed since this one was compiled?

Federal Premium and Estate Cartridge ammunition

CCI, Speer, Lawman, and Blazer ammunition

Gunslick, Outers and Shooters Ridge gun care and shooting accessories

RCBS reloading equipment

Champion clay targets

Weaver mounting systems

Alliant Powder and gun powders for sporting re-loaders and ammunition manufacturers

Eagle Industries law enforcement tactical accessories

BLACKHAWK! tactical, military, shooting sports, and law enforcement equipment

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
yep, thats why i think the intensity should serve its purpose. ATK markeets alot of good brands and i think the intensity line will not fall short. IMO though, you guys better grab what you can now before they run out. lol

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
I sould get it by tuesday of next week will see how they are built:I have a old redfield 3x4x40mm I would it the best scope I have right now.I also have a Sightron SI and would a lot better then bushnell banners.
I see it the intensity are that good I may order a 4x12x44

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
I got the scope to day
I found the clarity on 10 power may loose some but it hard for me to tell since I do have problems with my right eye.I find the adjustment clicks are tight on low power up to 7 or 8 crystal clear.I think I will give it a try 50.00 bucks can't break the bank and for eastern deer woods it may just be the ticket.
TIME WILL TELL

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
do "the box" test. this will give you good idea of the scopes repeatibility. how does it feel? does it feel pretty solid? you are definately right about the $50 bucks. it could be the best 50 bucks you ever spend (unless you go to singapore one day. lol)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts