The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had volume down on tv, but I swear the home plate ump just went to replay on an out at first base but not for a fair ball that hit the base?

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Can't consult replay once foul ball is called, even if called by the wrong umpire. Home plate umpire knew it was a bad call but rules are rules you know. I predict a rule change in the not to distant future. Twice now bad foul ball calls against Keystone.

First base call was reviewed for out/safe call.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, thanks. I turned volume up now.

I'm sure that 3rd base ump is hearing it from the fans. He totally blew it. I would have thought if anything was reviewable that was obvious to everyone.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Notice that the 3rd base ump kept his hands down when the ball when thru the 3rd baseman's legs and hit the bag. Home plate ump's call and the 3rd base ump knew, after he was schooled on the bad call.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea. I thought the plate ump informed him who's call it was on fair/foul balls

I thought there was one more before the US championship

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
WADMAN said:
Win this one and off to the US championship game!!!!!!
Well stay home and play....
Not so fast my friend. They'd still have to beat the loser of Montana/ California.

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
Actually, I don't think the 3rd base ump is supposed to make the call on that type of a situation. Isn't it the home plate ump? Either way, as someone else said, once a ball is called foul - end of story.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
how bad did the third base coach miss that call in the fifth? he told the kid to stay there he was safe and it would be reviewed. He was out by 2 feet!!!

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
TWO feet? It looked more like 5 feet!

I couldn't figure out what he was getting all flustered about at first. I thought for sure it wasn't the issue of being safe. I was wrong.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I think he may have been trying to buck up his team and keep them in the game mentally. He looked like he was looking at his team when he went off. It looked like he saw his player was out before the call was made and was buying time. Sort of like a coach drawing a technical foul in basketball to wake up the team.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I thought he was looking into the dugout for his manager's approval. The play wasn't even close, not to mention every time you turn around they're delaying the game to have a little huddle. Make the call and move on...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts