The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of putting a QAD ultra drop away rest on my Reflex bow. Is this something I can put on myself or should I have a pro shop do it for me. I want to start doing my own work to my bow and I thought this would be a good start.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I followed the instructions and put it on myself that was 4 yrs ago, 3 bows later of installing the rest by myself i still haven't had any issues. it is a piece of cake set it up like it says and make sure the rest comes all the way up the last inch or so of the draw cycle.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Quad rests used to come with a DVD, I'm unsure if they still do, but it may be some thing you ask when you purchase it. There are a few different ways to set the connecting rope, if your using one of the football style rope to cable connections you should be Ok to do it yourself. IMO the best way is having it served in the cable, have your pro shop show you how they set it so if something goes wrong or needs replaced you'll have a better understanding of how it works and how to fix it yourself. Its better to have it done and see how its done correctly than to have it go wrong, you'll have more confidence as well. Also check you tube I'm always surprised the info they have on there. Best of luck and feel free to pm me if you have concerns

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah I just found a great video on how to install one. My next question is. I have heard that some people have had clearance problems with the blazer vains. Is anyone out ther having that problem with this rest? If so, how did you correct that problem? It seems that those people could not fix the problem between the vains and that rest. I have been shoot blazers for sometime now, and really dont want to switch.

·
Registered
698 Posts
If you have clearence issues that you cant fix by turning your nock, the fusion vanes have a smaller profile and work as well as the blazers.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So it sounds like everyone is very happy with the QAD ultra reSt?

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
I just put one on my new Z7 and one on my friends hoyt. We both had to switch to shooting cock up with our blazer vanes.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good, at least someone is shooting blazers with this rest, and was able to fix that problem. I think I am going tomorrow to take a look at one close up.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
At first we just put on the arrow holder with the shallower notch and thought we would get away without hitting because this allowed us to drop the rest lower but we were wrong! My Lt. showed me something interesting the other day. The 2010 Mathews catalog has several pages of pics of their pros shooting and it appears that ALL of them are shooting cock up. I'm not sure why since I am sure they don't all shoot the same rest?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts