The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone felt comfortable posting a picture of your walls on the inside of your camp? I wanna get a few ideas before I commit to something and finish mine up. So if you have something and wanna share it I would appreciate it very much.

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
don`t know how to post pictures, but I personally would leave one wall for any mounts or bear rugs ,you might want to hang in your camp. it also depends on layout of camp and wall space you have to work with. good luck with your decision

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have the same knotty pine t &g in mine , the only drawback is that I have to keep the camp heated in the winter or the seams will open up. Other that that I like it .

·
Registered
25,517 Posts
Original 12x20 shanty on block piers, had 4x8 sheets of paneling and drywall ceiling. Been covering that old crappy paneling in there, with T&G knotty pine. One wall to go yet.

Newer addition is (high) open beam ceilings, 1/4" sheets of knotty birch paneling, except for the bathroom. That's white paneling.

Entire cabin has dark rusty brown commercial grade, level loop carpeting. Stain and mildew resistant, looks as good as it did in 1984, when it went in. Doesn't matter how much mud ya track in, when it dries the upright vac cleans it right up again.

Only stain on that carpet, is where my old beagle barfed in a corner over 35 years ago and no one noticed it in time to clean it up.

Kinda like it, reminds of that rowdy little devil dog, every time I notice the stain?

:smile2:

·
Super Moderator
5,014 Posts
I keep the heat at 50-55 Degrees in the winter when I’m gone. I get to camp for a couple of days every week, sometimes I’ll stay 5-7 nights. When I fire up the wood burner downstairs, I can shut of all the electric heat. Contrary to popular beliefs, the fireplace on the main floor does make quite a bit of heat. It also uses quite a bit of wood too.

Never had any moisture problems, or trouble with tongue and groove walls or flooring expanding.

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
we have knotty pine on the inside wall that frames out the down stairs bedroom and bath room and on the ceiling . we also have base board heat that is set on low during the winter , when we`re their during the winter we use the wood stove to heat . no problem with the boards separating, it has been in there for about 19 years

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Tongue and grove knotty pine from floor to ceiling and then the ceiling is drywall with hardwood flooring.

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
Knotty tongue and groove pine boards.
That is what we have on most walls. Have a short wall of ruff cut cherry with the loft above and all the deer racks on it. Have a dolphin mount on the front wall. Others are the A part of the A frame

1 - 20 of 54 Posts