The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a wildgame infrared digital camera and was wondering, are the night pics in black and white and if so is that the norm for infrared cameras? I have the flextimer model W5ED.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
mossycamo: I do not have that camera brand, however the cameras I have all take black and white pictures or videos at night. They are listed as follows: 7 ea. 2009 Bushnell Trophy Trail Camera, 2 ea. SpyPoint IRB, 4 ea. Moultrie GameSpy M100, 3 ea. Moultrie D55-IR and 1 ea. Moultrie GameSpy D55-IRXT.

·
Registered
373 Posts
IR and blackflash and low glow cams all take black and white (and fuzzy) night pics. Only white flash cams take colored night pics.

·
Super Moderator
13,499 Posts
10-4 I can do a lot to day color pictures....make them brighter/darker change contract to develop a very hard to see photo into a thing of beauty....sometimes. However the black and white night pictures I am unable to do much with. Unfortunately most of the big bucks like to pose late at night.

·
Registered
13 Posts
All IR cameras shoot in black and white at night. It is impossible for the CMOS to pick up a color photo when operating off the "light" emitted from the IR's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts