The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Info on Harrisburg Sportsman Show

5K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  pahoytman 
#1 ·
I hope that my info is incorrect but, I was talking with a friend who is a small dealer today and he told me that a friend of his that always sets up at the show and has a lake Erie fishing charter,recieved a letter from the show coordinators informing him that there will NO "assault style weapons" allowed to be displayed or sold. Not even allowed to sell raffle tickets that has one on it.If this IS true,I,for one,will be boycotting the show this year! If anyone has info to the contrary,please let me know.

#4 ·
Post from there facebook just 2 hours ago
Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show-Update

The Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show is a unique celebration of the authentic hunting and fishing traditions that are cherished by millions of Americans and their families. We are proud to celebrate these pastimes by featuring 1,200 exhibitors offering a diverse range of products from outfitters to fishing boats and RVs, from archery to art and from clothes to cabins.

As a hunting-focused event, we welcome exhibitors who wish to showcase products and firearms that serve the traditional needs of the sport. Clearly, we strongly support the 2nd Amendment. However, this year we have made the decision not to include certain products that in the current climate may attract negative attention that would distract from the strong focus on hunting and fishing at this family-oriented event and possibly disrupt the broader positive experience of our guests.

ESS is proud to participate in the preservation and promotion of the rich hunting and fishing tradition passed from generation to generation by American families.

#14 ·
A common tactic of the left is to play to the Fudds, with their "no one needs a 30 round magazine to hunt"

As is well known, Fudds will throw you down the stairs in a second as long as their fowling piece is not affected.

Edited out cussword abbreviation. any future use will cause posting priveleges to be revoked

#22 ·
joepet said:
Facebook page was up a minute ago. Did anyone contact Bass Pro and see if they support the show?
I was at tge harrisburg store and the clerk said to me about there being no bus rides from the store...(rides from harrisburg mall will be available) but that bass pro was not even setting up an exhibit this year because of this

#24 ·
Lots of press - most of the writers are at SHOT this week and had to double take to get business done at home on this. See the thread in firearms I updated it with some current articles.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.