The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching for a few new places to archery hunt. I was searching the GC site map for farm co- ops. There was a property with a solid black circle. I looked in the legend and it is for safety zone cooperators. The legend say the solid black circle means no restrictions. What does that mean? Any help would be great.

Thanks
John

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
It usually means that farmer or landowner is open to letting you hunt anything. Of course, you should always dress nicely, meet the land owner in person when practical and ask permission.

·
Super Moderator
4,590 Posts
Actually you still "have" to ask for permission.They can limit the number of hunters on the land at one time but can't keep a regular group and leave others out because of it.I was denied access to one because they had the four hunters already.I would have got persmission if one would have dropped off the list.That is illegal and is what happened.I was also told that if I harvest they get some meat.Also illegal.I'm going back this year and if I hear the same thing I'm turning them in.Sour grapes?Maybe but I was going to archery doe hunt only there.Never saw one vehicle there during early archery in 2b.Hunting bucks doesn't help crop damage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts