The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://i41.tinypic.com/214qzus.jpg

the trigger guard area is kinda small, you can get your finger in there but there isnt much room
there is a screw that goes from the top of the barrell to inside of barrell but has been cut away on the inside so it wont effect projectile path
havent brought it anywhere to be looked at yet
what do you think, you can also click on the photo to enlarge it

·
Registered
280 Posts
They had one on the show "Pawn Shop" on The History Channel but other than that...They're pretty neat

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Usually if they are authentic historical guns, they have some markings stamped in the barrels and\or the lock mechanism. If they were made by a German gun maker, they usually signed the gun on the barrel, receiver\lockwork or even the buttplate\buttstock.

I'm far from an expert on these matters, but that's just what I've seen from the few guns that I've come across and the books I've read on historical weapons.

FWIW

Dave

·
Registered
12,139 Posts
That is A number one Khyber junk. Afghans and Paki's have been bangin then out like hot cakes for sale to GI's. For God's sake, please DON"T try to shoot it. They have been copying some early single shot cartridge rifles also. However some body for got to tell them how to spell "Enfleid" A few examples have shown up with reversed letters etc.

At best it is a poor quality wall hanger

·
Registered
48 Posts
i bought a 12ga muzzleloader in july,i've tore it down and found the proofs on the barrles plus "jrc" under it. sence that time i've been to gun shows,gunsmiths,gunmakers, internet. All we know is that it was made in london between 1868-1875. one collector that looked at it said it was worth 1200$ the way it is,but if the initials stand for john rigby co. it's worth over 5000 at his best guess. This gentalman came highly recomended from other collectors.he offered me 2000 on the spot so... think i will do some more research on it.not ready to sell yet have to hunt with it some more.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
duckjob69 said:
i bought a 12ga muzzleloader in july,i've tore it down and found the proofs on the barrles plus "jrc" under it. sence that time i've been to gun shows,gunsmiths,gunmakers, internet. All we know is that it was made in london between 1868-1875. one collector that looked at it said it was worth 1200$ the way it is,but if the initials stand for john rigby co. it's worth over 5000 at his best guess. This gentalman came highly recomended from other collectors.he offered me 2000 on the spot so... think i will do some more research on it.not ready to sell yet have to hunt with it some more.
2 G,s ey , thats a nice find , got a pic of it?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I agree with Zimm, I have seen a few real blunderbuss' and that is not one of them. Hang it on the wall

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Brad at Cabincreek has one in his shop that he is doing restoration work on. It was a British gun that was used in India. It has an engraving of an elephant on the lock

1 - 13 of 13 Posts