The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
How about the old timer on page 2, Robert Shirley. Good for him. The deer hunting is only second to the turkey hunting in and around Indiana. I sure miss it, several of my longest spurred birds came from Indiana County.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
hilbilly, are you from Indiana Co? im from down near the Saltsburg area. i agree we do have a few big bucks in this county. my problem is seeing them during the season. had a nice 8 point around but didnt see him during rifle season. he came out in the field above the house on the last day just as it was getting dark. he should be even bigger next year.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
HomeintheWoods said:
Bunch of great bucks and hunters who look quite happy.
I'm a little confused about the 3 point on the last page?
+1

I will say there are a lot of mature looking animals there. Dare I say it... AR is working

Congrats to all the successful hunters!

·
Registered
387 Posts
I didnt even notice the 3 point on the last page until somebody pointed it out. Alot of people still think the oldtimers don't need to follow AR. I wonder if the PAGC ever saw that?

·
Banned
2,894 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, he had his pic in the same paper last year with a sublegal buck. At his stage of life he may feel that it's take what you can, while you can. He certainly doesn't appear concerned.

·
Banned
2,894 Posts
No torch or pitch fork for me. I kinda like the guys spunk.

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
eyefromthesky said:
More than likely he's a disabled hunter with a permit to hunt from a vehicle. You can all put away the torches and pitch forks.

Or.... I hear the new Shrek movie is having auditions for Rumpelstiltskin's witches.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
That's a pretty cool "book". I don't ever remember seeing that whrn I lived in Indiana County. Nice to see all the kids.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Thats my wife on the first page..Stephanie. Her second buck ever!! Awesome day!!

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
hdt said:
If I'm not mistaken, he had his pic in the same paper last year with a sublegal buck. At his stage of life he may feel that it's take what you can, while you can. He certainly doesn't appear concerned.
I guess most of us are at that "stage of life" because we legally take what we can, when we can and don't much care about inches, gross score and stuff.

Is that "stage of life" a physical or mental stage? Just curious.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Lots of nice bucks here in Indiana County, love seeing the kids on there though. A friend of the familys son is in the paper in the link. He has killed a buck the last 3 years of hunting. He is 13. The buck he killed this year was bigger than any he has killed. He has a single shot 30-30 and was shaking so bad he missed it the first 4 shots. The 5th shot connected. The buck just kept feeding in the green briars after each miss. If anyone deserves a buck its this boy. He loves hunting. He lost his mom to cancer this year and his Dad has cancer also. Hes a great kid.

·
Registered
28,493 Posts
Stetam said:
hdt said:
I guess most of us are at that "stage of life" because we legally take what we can, when we can and don't much care about inches, gross score and stuff.

Is that "stage of life" a physical or mental stage? Just curious.

Here is a lesson for all that cast assumption on things because of a picture on the net, or in a e-mail.

I talk with several buddies during the hunting season because like us all I like to see what folks are getting,etc...so after the first few days of rifle all the reports and pics are coming in thru my e-mail and I get one from the guy that owns a camp down the road a few miles from me,just one buck on the pole and the hunter is well into his 20-30's and grinning proudly next to his 9" spike...well Mr. HPA here with a little grain of salt jokingness mind you, goes on about how they must of pulled that buck out wel after dark, and how i did not think buck's that small lives in theis county anymore, and I don't see 3 points if I add them all up...blah,blah....turns out the guy was active military home to PA for just a short time and got invited to deer camp, he was under the weather the whole time while hunting and got the buck Monday morning and was THRILLED with the blessing it was. They kind of laguhed it off, but I know having their pic 'policed' by me was not appreciated for nothing other than I would have even the slightest belief they would of shot a sub-AR buck purposely.

Morale of the story: A shut mouth accepts no feet
....a little tip, use as you will.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts