The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 4.5 month old game slayer. I am so happy to be a dad and I am looking forward to teaching my daughter all she can take in about the outdoors. She already has he first set of Camo.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Congrats! Every year since my daughter was born we take a pic with her in her camo on my knee next to my buck. She was born 4 years ago and my son was just born 2 months ago. Congrats and good luck with your new huntin' buddy.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I can relate. I have a 6 month old boy who already has more camo than I do. Can't wait till he gets a little older to show him THE WAY. My boy was one of the best things that ever happened to me, calmed me down quite a bit. Good for you Tuckerman, it's a life changing experience.

·
Super Moderator
26,998 Posts
I've been taking my 5 year old daughter to my hunting area for scouting, hiking, and just fun exploring, for the past two years. Last night my wife and I were talking about that now might be the time to take her when I'm going to sit for deer in the evenings. She heard us talking, and her eyes lit up

Good thing for her is that I can go for deer right now, when it's warm out

Congrats and best of luck to you guys with newborns, as well to those expecting

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a little update. We were sitting on the neighbors porch visiting when a nice 6 pt walked about 20 yards from the porch between the back yards. My girl's face lit up with a smile and she followed the deer until it was out of sight. I know she was just tracking the motion but it was neat to see her get excited and follow so intensly. She has also fallen in love with our yellow lab. She laughs and giggles when he licks her and reaches out for him when he gets close. I'm trying to take in the little innocent things she does so I can remember them when she becomes a hormone laden teenager. LOL

·
Premium Member
24,047 Posts
Got mine into fishing but not huntin!!

Cute gal!! Best of luck!!

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
northwoods said:
I can relate. I have a 6 month old boy who already has more camo than I do. Can't wait till he gets a little older to show him THE WAY. My boy was one of the best things that ever happened to me, calmed me down quite a bit. Good for you Tuckerman, it's a life changing experience.

Heck my son isnt even due for a few more weeks and he already has more camo than i do! Already got him his first rifle and bow sitting in the cabinet!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts