The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She wasn't fast and wasn't sleek, but she was dependable and caught fish. She's going to the boat graveyard soon, got caught up in an accident in my front lawn.

The Durango in the shed is also mine. The offending vehicle is behind the boat down over the bank.

The young lady hit a 6 point buck, which actuated her airbag, unable to see she veered through my front yard missing every inanimate object and struck the most forgiving item in my yard. She came out of it with a scratch on her knuckle.

Here she was in her natural surrounding.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ouch that would make me sick...was it on a trailer?
Yes, it was on the trailer.

I bet this will be a good camp story. suv looks bent also.
Yep, on both sides. Probably will be totaled as the core support is bent and damaged.

RIP Blue Boat. :sorrow: May she be where the bass are all over 20" and the bite never ends.

Good to hear the girl wasn't hurt.
Thank you, "Can of Whoop Bass" appreciates it. The girl was very lucky, her vehicle passed by 3 rather large maple trees, a maple tree stump, and a cast iron and wood picnic table that is concreted into the ground. Like I said above, my boat and trailer was the most forgiving option to hit head on. Either of those other things, she may have well been DOA. One other item in the yard she missed... A cross.

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
The girl was very lucky, her vehicle passed by 3 rather large maple trees, a maple tree stump, and a cast iron and wood picnic table that is concreted into the ground. Like I said above, my boat and trailer was the most forgiving option to hit head on. Either of those other things, she may have well been DOA. One other item in the yard she missed... A cross.
A few months ago some guy hit a stone wall in front of my buddies house. The guy died. Had it not been for the wall he would have ended up in the living room where my friend was sitting. Stone walls and trees don't move much when you hit them.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry to hear about your boat. But it looks like it is time for an upgrade. Let us know what you get.
Well I actually have a boat in the back yard waiting for a restoration. 76 Starcraft Supersport 16. With the insurance money, I'll be able to finish her up when I get the time. Right now she is completely demo'd, first step is repainting and the transom and finding a replacement wiring harness for the motor.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
My Dad had a similar kinda accident a few years ago at hunting camp. He and two buddies were out in the boonies staying with a friend. Drunk comes down the road, flying off the bend, and smashes into my Dad's truck, buddies truck, and friend's motorhome. Called 911 as the driver was clearly drunk and fled the scene stumbling down the road. 911 operator didn't even want to dispatch a cop to the scene. My Dad (who is a cop) had to get on the phone and speak to a supervisor to get them to dispatch a State Trooper.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts