The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently decided i am going to get a handgun. i am new to this site and was wondering if anyone has one for sale. i am looking for one that is easy to conceal. i have looked at pocket pistols and some compact handguns. i just thought before i went out and spent alot of money on a new one. id try to find something used. if anyone can help send me a message. i do have cash and i am willing to drive thanks

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
try posting it in the "want to buy" forum. you will most likely have more responses.

hope this helps you get the pistol you want

-tom

·
Registered
393 Posts
zink - just my opinion and observation...look to buy a 9mm or larger. Most don't recommend a .380 as a primary carry. However, any gun is better than no gun if you're in a situation where one is needed. The .380 is very easy to conceal - a "pocket gun", per se - but just doesn't have the stopping power of a .38, 9mm or .45. Glock has some smaller concealable guns. Springfield XD compacts are very nice guns, too. I had a Springfield XD in .45 that I traded on a .45 1911 officers model. Most pistols can be concealed pretty well with the right holster.

Whatever you end up with - make sure you practice with it!

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
IMHO, stick with something compact....and stick with some calibers that will have some serious stopping power. The only two that I would consider would be the 45acp, or the 40S&W.

Now, with those caliber parameters and staying with a compact gun, your going to pay a few bucks for a gun like that. OTOH, that will more than likely be a quality gun that will last you a lifetime.

DAve

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
zink-my son bought a KAHR in 40cal great quality,extremly concealable,good shooter-check this one out.go to GunBroker.com

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys for all the help spent hours in different gun shops today. after it was all said and done i am pretty set on the xdm by SA seems like a good gun

·
Registered
769 Posts
I love it. He asks for a used pocket pistol and gets told over and over again about how he should buy a non pocket pistol. I own plenty of handguns, and I carry a Kel ted 380 every day in my front pocket. It does lack the stopping power of a 45 or a 50 BMG. It will however kill a man deader then disco with good ammo. Zink if your "Loc" said more then "PA" maybe we could suggest a good gnu shop in your area too.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Be sure to check this one out.
http://www.ruger-firearms.com/products/lcr/index.html

This is a 13.5oz hammerless snubby that will handle 38 spcl +P loads.
Until I handled this one, I thot the 3" Taurus revolver in 38 spcl would be my #1 choice if I was looking into another carry gun. Mine, for now, is the 1911 Combat Commander 70 series.

This new Ruger is the rage up here in our area, guys and gals are buying them up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts