The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just this week, I Secured a large piece of private property in SW Ohio for next muzzleloader season. I have no expierience with inlines, but plan to purchase one in the spring. Question is: there is a large selection of bullets for these guns, which do the members of this sight prefer and why?

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have the original remington 700 muzzle loader not the new version. I run 110 grains of loose goex 2f and that is under a300 grain TC shock wave these are the yellow tipped ones not the blue. I have a nice 3-9x mounted on top zeroed 3 inches high at 100yds and puts me dead on at 150yds. This worked very well for me in the past. I use remington number 11 caps to light it off keep the nipple clean and its just like a center fire. I never had the need for a 209 conversion kit. Im sure whatever you buy is already a 209 set up. Have fun working up loads!!! And yes there is a large selection of both powder and bullets for this hobby but this set up works for me. Alot of guys i know swear by barnes bullets......expensive but supposed to be worth it

·
Registered
781 Posts
I use TC Shockwaves with the yellow tip and yellow sabot and two Triple 7 pellets. Blackhorn 209 and Shockwaves is the combo a lot of people I know use. I like the convenience of the 777 pellets so I have not switched to Blackhorn. Also, I would highly recommend a TC inline, whichever one fits your budget.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have a CVA Optima and use two pellets of the 777 with a 300 gr. Hornady SST. I tried a few different versions of the Powerbelts, but the Hornady seemed to shoot better in my gun.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I have a Knight and it likes just about everything I've run through it (Knights, T/C, Barnes, Buffalo bullets). But I like the 295 gr Powerbelts (I never liked reducing the caliber for sabots). Atop of 100 grains of powder (not a fan of pellets known to many guys that have had issues).

Get a quality gun and enjoy figuring out what works for you this summer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts