The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never could get my OMEGA to shoot good groups with the Magnum loads of 150 grains of pyrodex. It always shot the 100 grain loads great and was a tack driver out to 100- yards but I never pushed it beyond that.

Today I spent all morning at the range with my new Encore Pro Hunter 209x50 magnum. And boy am I impressed. It loves the 150 grain loads with the 250 shockwaves.

I sighted it in to be about 1.5 inches high at 100 yards then I put a 11 X 17 sheet of paper up at 200 yards and drew a black dot about 4 inches on it and colored the dot in.

I cracked off three shots aiming right at the top of the dot and was looking through the 3 x 9 scope and couldnt see the holes. I figured I missed the paper at that distance. To my suprise when I walked up to the target there were three holes in the lower edge of the black hiding from me. It was about a 2 1/2 inch group at 200 yards man was I impressed.

Im officially ready for the Indiana state gun season this weekend!!!!.....WOOOOOOO!!!!

·
Registered
502 Posts
My Encore is the same way. Will shoot 1 ragged hole at 100 and 1 1/2 inch at 200 the only difference is mine likes the 250 gr Hornady SST's. Lost a little meat on my doe from them but all she did when I hit her was drop straight down, did not take 1 step ! Bang Flop

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
That's awesome, I think at some point and time I am going to have to add one of those puppies to my arsenal.

·
Premium Member
23,851 Posts
mackgee said:
That's awesome, I think at some point and time I am going to have to add one of those puppies to my arsenal.
You really should mackgee!! I know of some Ulitmate ML owners that went to the ProHunter!! I owned a Custom Henry Ball 10 ML-II plus a factory laminated 10ML-II...& neither came close to the ProHunter as far as accuracy plus all the other unsurpassed features the TC Pro Hunter has as a factory offering!

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
I don't think I will be replacing the Ultimate Muzzleloader. I am getting 3/4" to 1/2" center to center groups out of it. You never know though, I have been eyeing up a custom Pro-hunter that might have to be added here soon. I am still in the thinking about it stage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts