The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone watch this show on TV?
Just watched an episode, not really detail oriented, but then again its a TV show.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Yeah what other taxidermy shows are there. I saw one episode it wasn't that bad I would rather see more of the mounting details but they show more of the competition.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I watched an episode last night.
Bobcat catching a grouse I think it was, looked good.
I agree would like to see more of the taxidermy side..

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
keep an eye on the show...some of the stuff is a lil abstract for my liking but there is an upcoming episode w/a pa taxidermist that should be quite interesting. hes quite a character and all though some might find him a lil "off the wall" there are few that can rival his work on certain species. im patiently waiting through these other episodes for this one inparticular!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll keep watch for it, thanks

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
huntfish2 said:
keep an eye on the show...some of the stuff is a lil abstract for my liking but there is an upcoming episode w/a pa taxidermist that should be quite interesting. hes quite a character and all though some might find him a lil "off the wall" there are few that can rival his work on certain species. im patiently waiting through these other episodes for this one inparticular!
That would be Davey Houser, True to Life Taxidermy, in Marysville, Perry County.

http://www.truetolifetaxidermy.net/

http://www.amctv.com/shows/immortalized/cast/dave-houser

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
tonights episode will have dave houser on! hes president of the PTA and a great guy! a lil "off the wall" for some peoples liking but his skills cannot be questioned! be sure to check it out...

·
Registered
274 Posts
watched the first one of tht show it seemed too staged and the lady made a fly cat with a fish body it was not taxidermy to me. tht being said there was two other shows about taxidermy the American stuffers which I didn't care for either was more in the line of freeze drying ppls pets and then mounted in Alaska which was a show I watched every episode it showed the true side of taxidermy and the ppl on the show really brought the game back to life everything from bear to warthogs it was a great show I believe it was on history channel but it only had one season an it hasn't being on in a year or so very disappointed it was not renewed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts