The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any advise on these 2 smoke poles? Or should i consider another model? Are they both avail in stainless ? thanks! and Happy New Year to All !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
TC Hawkens,Renegade or Lyman Deerstalker,Trades rifle,or Great Plains Rifle.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just saw your post on the Z7. What did you like about the monster? I will probably have a Z7 this fall. Time to retire my mathews Legacy!

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Between the two choices you gave, I'd have to pick the TC hands down. Their warranty can't be beat, and the best part, you'll probably never need it. I've shot a couple Traditions rifles, didn't care for them at all, they just don't feel like a quality rifle. Strictly my opinion.

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
410-er said:
TC Hawkens,Renegade or Lyman Deerstalker,Trades rifle,or Great Plains Rifle.
+1 for the Lyman Trade rifle!!

Did you see how quickly they fire??

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
If you can see yourself enjoying the flintlock years down the road, save your money and get a semi custom gun. You'll get 10x the gun for 2x the price. Been there done that. I'm not trying to talk you out of your choices, just giving you another option. I have a Lyman GPR, which is IMO the best of the production guns, but is a far cry from a hand made rifle. What ever you do, enjoy it, and do some research on the flintlock and it's history. You will be fascinated. Mike

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Stikbow said:
If you can see yourself enjoying the flintlock years down the road, save your money and get a semi custom gun. You'll get 10x the gun for 2x the price. Been there done that. I'm not trying to talk you out of your choices, just giving you another option. I have a Lyman GPR, which is IMO the best of the production guns, but is a far cry from a hand made rifle. What ever you do, enjoy it, and do some research on the flintlock and it's history. You will be fascinated. Mike
EXACTLY!!! If you cant wait go with the Great Plains---It was my first BP gun and I dont have a single complaint and Dixons in PA is the Factory Rep!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts