The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, havent been active on here in about 2 years. Last couple posts were in 2011. Thought I would get back on here and enjoy everyones company again. Wanted to share a picture with you of a rare trout I caught in early spring of last year. This wild tiger trout was caught in a freestone mountain stream in the heart of Northcentral PA. Cross between a male brook and a female brown. Hopefully the PFBC doesnt find this little gem of a stream that I call paradise! Here it is!

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
beautiful trout. Still never caught one. Most of the time I am fishing for "pellet heads" though

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Very nice! What did you catch that beauty on?

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
That is a fine looking trout. Welcome to the club of flyfishers with a WILD Tiger trout to their credit. I have caught TWO different wild Tigers and it was quite a thrill. Congrats again!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you! I have caught my fair share of wild trout over the years, but when i pulled that one in I dont think I was ever that excited!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Sweet catch....nice....real nice !!

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
That is an awesome fish! You mentioned about you hope the PFBC don't see this, why? Would they try to eradicate this fish for some reason?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LifeNRA said:
That is an awesome fish! You mentioned about you hope the PFBC don't see this, why? Would they try to eradicate this fish for some reason?
Thanks everyone! The stream where i caught that tiger is not a "known trout stream" to the PFBC. Its just a freestoner int he middle of the mountains here that takes forever to walk to and is full of wild browns and native brookies... like i said, paradise!

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
stunning! congrats on landing a beautiful wild fish!

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
MountainMan108 said:
LifeNRA said:
Thanks everyone! The stream where i caught that tiger is not a "known trout stream" to the PFBC. Its just a freestoner int he middle of the mountains here that takes forever to walk to and is full of wild browns and native brookies... like i said, paradise!
Gotcha!!!
Congrats either way!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts