The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/story/_/id/9470677/ilya-kovalchuk-new-jersey-devils-announces-retire

Looks like he is signing a KHL deal tomorrow.....From what I have seen, it looks like the devils are still going to have to forfeit the #1 pick next year as the penalty, and they will be assessed a cap hit of 300k per year for the next 12 years per the new CBA..............Devils fans are pretty upset about this, and rightfully so.......especially since they essentially had to let Zach Parise go last year, mostly because of this deal.....

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I think in the long run they are much better off without that monster contract for the next umpteen years. I have a feeling the league will have a full investifcation on the whole deal. Just to be sure ol' loop hole Lou didn't know more then he's saying about the whole deal. Something stinks about the whole dang thing.

·
Registered
20,672 Posts
Well, I'm not going to waste too much time fretting over teams signing second tier talent to monster contracts, I can't help but feel the Devils may have gotten the shaft on this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts