The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I get a Christmas card and a brochure from these guy's every year. Never hunted with them either. I have not heard any bad things about them, Personaly,I thought they were priced high, but they do offer alot.

·
Registered
418 Posts
A buddy of mine from work started hunting with them several years ago. He now guides for them several weeks during the fall. While I have never hunted with them myself(I don't bowhunt), some other guys I work with have hunted with them. All of them have had positive things to say. They seem to be most impressed with the numbers of bucks they see.

Craig

·
Registered
213 Posts
2 friends have been hunting with them for 6 or 8 years now.They go every year and always have good hunts and a great time.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Ill let ya know what I think on November 19th...Just booked there 3rd week bow hunt in pike county! Hopefully ill be postin some pics! haha

I just talked to Steve Phelps(one of the managers) for an hour on the phone. He seems like a real good guy! And it sounds like he knows what he talkin about!

This is gonna be a LOOOOOONG summer!

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
Good luck on your hunt...this will be year 5 for me. We hunt mostly in Fulton County.

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
You will see that alot depends on the weather..a couple of the years it was hot and windy and if you saw deer it was real early or real late. Days when it was cool or chilly the big boys were cruising. This past year was the best for seeing shooters but most days we had highs in the 70s and movement by the mature bucks was late. The week after we left it turned cold and they were running everywhere. We hunt on a farmers own farm and one he leases. They are in their 7-8 year and I think they have had 6 or so Booners taken. He is a low profile type of outfit...no fancy websites etc. Oh.... pack clothes for everything from 20s to 70s...scent prevention with these bruisers is an absolute must!!!!

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
One more thing...if conditions are right...stay in the stand ALL day!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
Patience and a snack and a pee bottle!!!
Leave the game boys, I-pods, and blueberries at Camp....don't even take the chance on blowing an opportunity!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just take a look at how many repeat customers these guys have. I know some guys that have hunted with them for 10 years. This will be my 4th year. I killed a nice deer every year except last year. It was 70 degrees every day and 75% of the corn was still standing. No outfitter can control the weather. The best thing about this outfitter is he only hunts the three weeks of the rut. Most outfitters are running guys through from Oct.1. You're bascially hunting unpressured deer. I've tried a few outfitters and this is the only one I have gone to more than once.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I get the repeat customer thing however a lot of hunters can't afford to repeat every year or they try to fill another type of tag the next year. I went to Wy and would have gone back in a second but there were other animals to hunt that I wanted to hunt so I figured I'd go get them then come back...also telling mama your going to the same place again this year lets her say haven't you been there enough...lol

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
CJ - How did you make out? Had three family members go there the 1st week of their season. One got a buck. About 125". They saw plenty of shooters, all too far. Cousin had an estimated 160" at 13 yards but it winded him before he could get a shot. He was in a ground blind.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts