The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone shoot them? i bought a 3 pack to try in my new BEZS arrows but havent decided if the whole lighted nock thing is for me.
They weigh 40 gr which seems like alot on the back of a 15.75 in arrow.

When i first ordered the arrows i got the plastic nocks which are only 10gn. figure this will help with FOC.
But if i go with the lighted nocks then i will probably use the alum nocks which are around 20gn and i can add a set screw to get the weights closer so my non-lighted arrows are the same as the lighted.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I just had the ignitors installed on my cross bolts on Tuesday. I am going to shoot my cross bow this week to see if they make a difference in the point of impact. I learned one thing real quick, you cannot see your crossbolt after it leaves the bow and before it hits the target without lighted nocks. I bout three more crossbolts and had the ignitors installed on them, they have my broadheads on them, the other three crossbolts with the target points do not have lighted nocks. I am going to switch points and shoot the lighted ones to see where they hit. I don't think it will make a big difference but I need to find out.

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
It depends on the setup, but sometimes I have seen the lighted nocks make a big difference in the point of impact. Most of the time it is minimal. With my bows the lighted nocks usually shoot an inch or two lower at 30 yards. I shoot the Lumenoks and haven't tried the ignitors.

·
Registered
18,621 Posts
I have shot them all. The Ignitors work well but are one of the heavier lighted nocks. What is nice about them is you can remove the light stick when sighting in and/or practicing to save their battery life. The light stick is very light and will not affect POI much.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I shoot the ignitors on a vertical bow and have nothing but good to say about them. I wasn't aware that they were so much heavier than the competition.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I shoot the ignitors on a vertical bow and have nothing but good to say about them. I wasn't aware that they were so much heavier than the competition.
not sure on the vertical ones as im sure the shaft dia is smaller but mine are 40 gr for my crossbow. i only shot them a few times because i need a better target but i dont think it will be an issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts