872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...what tactic will you be using this weekend:

1. Couch (always next year)
2. Food plot
3. Browsing area
4. Travel routes
5. Morning, midday, evening

I am going to continue to hunt midday browsing and feeding but so far that has only produced does.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Today huntng got vid and pics of a decent bodied buck with no antlers. Hard decision to shoot or not, I didn't.

Reactions: octagon

·
Registered
245 Posts
Ive still got a buck tag, but I’ve also got steady pics of does in a brushy field edge, but got completely skunked today. I’m gonna give it another 6-8 hour try tomrw. Still chasing my first flintlock kill.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I'm still hoping to get out half day Friday and all day Saturday up in Crawford and then again Monday.
I have a doe tag and my buck tag. Hunting my property. I will probably take a mix of sit and still hunt and hope I see something legal.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Good luck finding one with antlers, pics from today.

P1010365e.jpg P1010370g.jpg

Reactions: octagon

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
I don't think many have shed in this area, usually mid march I start seeing shed bucks. If I still had my buck tag I would stand hunt an area where deer are digging for acorns, plenty of good acorns still left around here. I pulled a camera card yesterday and had six does feeding in my turnips, that's the biggest group of deer I've seen in awhile. I also had a few pictures of three small bucks hitting the turnips.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I have a buck and antlerless tag...still deciding if I want to take a road trip to new areas in western Pa ..Hunted out there in the past and took my last Flinter deer there..Acorns or other strong food source would be nice to find.or stay local...and try for a buck till the end In 4C.Off starting Friday thru Monday closer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts