The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could choose one place to move for hunting and fishing, where would you go? Take jobs, family, money and all the stuff that keeps us grounded out of the equation. Personally I'd have to go Alaska, Kenai Peninsula most likely. Please elaborate on your answer, as I always like to hear/learn about new locations.

·
Registered
553 Posts
New Hampshire, Maine, or Vermont in that order. All 3 states are great for hunting and fishing plus they all have so much more to offer.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Colorado without question because of the hunting and fishing oppurtunities on public land. And the abundance of work in the area of bigger towns.

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
I would stay in PA. I know that sounds funny but I would. Our weather here is pretty mild. Not real hot in the summer and not real cold in the winter. We have alot of public hunting ground and we have a variety of species to hunt. That being said there is alot of places that I would like to hunt on trips, but for day after day hunting I would take PA.

·
Registered
18,627 Posts
British Columbia. That province has it all, hands down.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
I would have to say western Wyoming or Montana also would have to throw Idaho in there as well. Although, the way things are going out there with grizzly and wolf predation on big game, it will not be any better there as it is here in PA.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Bitteroot Valley in Western Montana. Whitetails, mulies, elk, turkey, and lots of black bear. What more could you want.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
VaPa hunter said:
Bitteroot Valley in Western Montana. Whitetails, mulies, elk, turkey, and lots of black bear. What more could you want.
That sounds enticing

·
Registered
816 Posts
Alaska hands down ...it's truely last frontier imho
Southeast Alaska ...
You can live off land off the grid or have a nice house nice job
& never be more than 2-3 hours from the best hunting & fishing in the world!

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
I've been to Alaska hunting and fishing twice. I'd move there today if I could. I have never been to a more breathtaking place in my 42 years on this planet! GOD willing I will visit it many more times in my lifetime.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I think Montana or Colorado.Big deer(whitetails and mulies),elk,antelope,sheep,goats and moose.Along with great predator hunting/trapping and small game,turkeys
beats Pa by a long shot

·
Registered
765 Posts
Canadian Rockies. Huge Mulies, whitetail, elk, moose,bears (brown,black)turkeys. Mountain lions,wolves,coyotes,badgers,wolverines,snipes,rails,coots.

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
I'm having a tough time choosing. It's between Sheridan Wyoming and Alaska with almost anywhere in Canada thrown in as a wildcard.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts