The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<span style="font-style: italic">The sanctions unveiled on Wednesday include Kalashnikov Concern, the maker of AK-47s and Saiga firearms. American companies are now prohibited from having Kalashnikov products imported into the U.S....
Considering the import ban, some buyers may be looking to make an investment in AK-47s and other Russian firearms. Ball noted how Chinese versions of the AK-47 became rare commodities and went up in value when shipments to the U.S. were banned.

“A lot of people are looking down the road,” Ball said when asked about a possible jump in AK-47 prices.

</span>

http://www.foxbusiness.com/industries/20...-new-sanctions/

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Just when AKs were coming back down and you could find them for under $500. Back up we go!

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Keep in mind, this is only for Russian made firearms/parts which include the Saiga. While maybe not as good, this does not include Serbian, Romanian, etc. manufactured AK's. I'm sure, however, this will not stop a panic and prices of any variant will jump.

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
glock3540 said:
Keep in mind, this is only for Russian made firearms/parts which include the Saiga. While maybe not as good, this does not include Serbian, Romanian, etc. manufactured AK's. I'm sure, however, this will not stop a panic and prices of any variant will jump.
Domino effect, the decrase in Russian AKs will drive those cheap WASRs up :)

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Renny28 said:
I just picked up my first WASR and was actually impressed.....
I wasn't saying there was anything wrong with them. The ones I've owned were fine, they just tend to be on the lower end when it comes to price $.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts