The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking out loud here guys via my finger tips.

Would it be helpful, useful, and or effective to use this forum to develop cells - or teams of members in the same legislative district with the purpose of keeping their state Rep and Senator informed, or to apply pressure as the case may be?

A for instance:

Five guys here are in district ##. Together they contact their rep on a regular basis supporting or opposing a bill or bills. Together they keep each other informed of any local developments that affect how a legislator acts. Together, they go to the local district office and talk to the legislator. Together they do things to change minds and attitudes of people to support our rights.

It has been my experience and observation that small numbers of involved people can affect change with legislators by being engaged often, dealing honestly with the facts, and making sure the legislator knows he is being monitored in statements, actions, and votes - then holding them accountable via forums, social media, and the local press.

Using HPA as the "office" members can exchange information, plan and execute responses, and anything else that needs done to battle the gun grabbers and bills seeking to hurt us. Or - to support and gain additional support for bills that support our rights.

The basis of all this is HPA - the forums and PM system to find other local people - and to ease the planning and actions required.

Groups showing up in the local office of a legislator with a clear message - regularly will have an affect. Just as calls to the local office do.

The process of legislation is based on support or non-support of a bill or idea. Unifying and finding like minds for each legislator can make a difference and we have the means and tools here on HPA to build those teams to take action. ...... and find others to help along the way.

Anyone interested in trying to establish this here?

Lots of districts - house and senate - but there are tons of people on HPA in each. Just - no one knows who the next guy is! Teaming up and building on that team - then taking action locally could yield big results.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
That is a great idea Bluetick. Let's see who's up for it and see how many groups we could possibly get and go from there.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Since I am a retired U.S. Army/Student. I have tons of free time. Why not invest it in protecting the Constitution...wait a minute? I remember an oath I said while I was active..."protect and defend the Constitution". Eh...what's another 20 years? Count me in.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Bluetick said:
Thinking out loud here guys via my finger tips.

Would it be helpful, useful, and or effective to use this forum to develop cells - or teams of members in the same legislative district with the purpose of keeping their state Rep and Senator informed, or to apply pressure as the case may be?

A for instance:

Five guys here are in district ##. Together they contact their rep on a regular basis supporting or opposing a bill or bills. Together they keep each other informed of any local developments that affect how a legislator acts. Together, they go to the local district office and talk to the legislator. Together they do things to change minds and attitudes of people to support our rights.

It has been my experience and observation that small numbers of involved people can affect change with legislators by being engaged often, dealing honestly with the facts, and making sure the legislator knows he is being monitored in statements, actions, and votes - then holding them accountable via forums, social media, and the local press.

Using HPA as the "office" members can exchange information, plan and execute responses, and anything else that needs done to battle the gun grabbers and bills seeking to hurt us. Or - to support and gain additional support for bills that support our rights.

The basis of all this is HPA - the forums and PM system to find other local people - and to ease the planning and actions required.

Groups showing up in the local office of a legislator with a clear message - regularly will have an affect. Just as calls to the local office do.

The process of legislation is based on support or non-support of a bill or idea. Unifying and finding like minds for each legislator can make a difference and we have the means and tools here on HPA to build those teams to take action. ...... and find others to help along the way.

Anyone interested in trying to establish this here?

Lots of districts - house and senate - but there are tons of people on HPA in each. Just - no one knows who the next guy is! Teaming up and building on that team - then taking action locally could yield big results.
Stan as always HuntingPA.com is here to educate, network and yes even organize sportsmen of similar interests, in that light I do not see issue with utilizing the site to find members of similar desires and willingness.

I would like to mention however that actions taken or opinions strongly held will be that of the individuals and not the website or its ownership, as you know better than any one from your time here, it only works if we stay neutral. As you also know we have been down this road before and those folks could not handle the fact that this entire site is not dedicated to their cause and purpose and wore out their welcome quickly.

I hope that is not something we not even need to approach with this cause.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The site is the central point of a wide array of people. The meeting place. Dial central, Ma Bell, and byte node par excellent - that's all.

The idea is - we have tonnage of the same like minded people here that can network to leverage influence on their elected officials locally.

Of course - except for the threads and posts - HPA speaks for itself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts