The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
18,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets keep each other updated on ice thickness in our respective areas. All ponds/lakes are covered in my area but I haven't been out to check yet. Temps are cold, I'm guessing by this weekend the northern counties will have safe ice.

·
Premium Member
24,023 Posts
beagler said:
Lets keep each other updated on ice thickness in our respective areas. All ponds/lakes are covered in my area but I haven't been out to check yet. Temps are cold, I'm guessing by this weekend the northern counties will have safe ice.
IS has a forum covering Pa ice conditions plus i normally also ck: http://www.fish.state.pa.us/ice.htm

·
Registered
187 Posts
Speaking of ice thickness me and a couple other guys were looking for a place to play a little pond hockey . Seems Gouldsboro state park has depth listed at 7 inches. Anyone have any recomendations for a place with 1.5 hours of Pottsville with good ice?? Any help is grealy appreciated

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I just got back from checking out Bessemer Lake in Lawrence County. It's about 3" of milky garbage. There was one guy by himself fishing near the boat ramp. He said no trout but caught a few perch.

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
field_burger said:
Speaking of ice thickness me and a couple other guys were looking for a place to play a little pond hockey . Seems Gouldsboro state park has depth listed at 7 inches. Anyone have any recomendations for a place with 1.5 hours of Pottsville with good ice?? Any help is grealy appreciated
Stover dam in Lebanon is always a winner!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Friend of mine was at lake Naomi in the poconos over the weekend playing some pond hockey and said there were guys ice fishing. Warm weather this week may change things though.

·
Registered
18,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
With the temps the next few days I'm going to say everything will be locked up solid again by the weekend. Lows are in the single digits all week.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts