The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Asajoe1 said:
A lot of people don't understand how these advertised speeds are generated. They buy a new bow that is rated for say 330 fps and get really upset when they set it up and find it only shoots 280 fps. We sold a new Z7 to a guy this year who came right out and told us he was going to remove the monkey tails and string stopper as soon as he got it home and it better shoot 330 fps or else! He is a 30" draw and shoots heavy poundage but with the arrows he shoots he will never see 330 fps. My Z7 shoots 280 with my hunting arrows and 298 with my 3-d set up with a 29" draw and 61#. There are still a couple things I could do to jump it over 300 fps but it shoots fine where it is.
You got that right!! What most people forget is a loop, peep or peep housing with a smaller apature, kisser, etc all take away from the speed. The only thing that nocks speed down faster than drawlength is arrow weight. It's takes some doing to get a target arrow down to 5 grains/pound of pull let alone a hunting arrow. Most people can't understand those factors.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.