The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold 3 rifles to make room in the gun safe BUT the other day I could not pass on this deal so I did do it again.
The rifle a Remington 600 mohawk 243 cal. lived its life in a gun safe maybe a box of shells threw it since new.
I did a range day with it upgraded the scope and did cut another slot in the one piece base to get the scope back a little more for my eye relief.
The barrel is 18 1/2 bluing and stock mint :I was also given another stock and floor plate with the gun the second stock has a good grain look compared to the original stock.
I think the trigger on this gun is not on recall only because it has a A in the first serial number on the gun.
I drag it to the range to day and it will shoot 5 shots at 50 yards 85 Gr sierra BTHP with 38. Gr. IMR 4350 5 shots group covered with a nickle.
I can't decide on which bullet for deer nosler 95 Gr BT or Remington 100 Gr SPCL

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
Any Remington 600 is sweet. Use whatever bullet shoots best, but keeping in mind the short barrel, I would use a faster burning powder, something along the lines of IMR-4064.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have a Rem 600 in a 6mm. Still one of my favorites. Great gun for driving with the short barrel (so much easier to duck under tree branches than a longer barrel guns). Mine never liked sierra boattail bullets - it shot much better with flat base spitzers with 4064 powder. I'm sure you will like the model 600 - not only a classic but a cool lookin gun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts