The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from Bob`s Gunshop, and there is a warning that another big ammo price hike is on the way. This is twice I heard this. Anybody else hear any rumors???

·
Registered
893 Posts
Every year , for the past I don't know how many years at this time of the year,the warning comes out.Tradition I think.
with that being said , it never hurts to buy it while you can.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
One thing that is for sure is that the price of ammo wont be going down at all, I have never seen it go down yet... I am constantly buying ammo, Im already stocked up for next year and a few years after that.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
HECK the reloading hoarders have so much bought up that no one will ever need to buy any materials for the next 25 years..heck I know people that have 50'000 or more primers and that's only federal gold metal match.. they bought powder like it was going out of style and all the bullets they could afford and then some.. the last primer shortage was blamed on the wars BUT I blame it on the hoarders.. I watched a guy buy a pallet of primers two years ago, I have no idea how many that was but you couldn''t shoot that many shots in ten life times.. now that the that wave is over I hope WE, the shooters are not starting another one.. as of today, you can buy just about what you want anywhere at prices just about what they were before the nonsense some of us caused.. powder is under $20 a pound and primers are under $30 and some brands are under $20... brass is still the last holdout and hopefully we ourselves won't start this again..

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Seems to me it is just a scare tactic to sell more stuff. With the economy and gas prices I seldom drive to Bob's or Grices for reloading stuff, just to expensive.
So merchants want you to buy lots of stuff once your in their store, they need the business. But scaring people with a"shortage" talk IS BAD prcactice. I'd not buy of anyone who used that form of ads.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts