The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've hit my goal for the season on reds! # 30 is on the stretcher. This is by far my best season yet, also most coons. I've pulled all my regular line to leave some for seed and I'm checking out new properties. The snow really helped with cabling and seeing what the fox and coyotes are doing.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
That's fantastic!! This is the year to hit that goal with what the price of reds went for at the FHA Auction.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Howie, I really get a kick out of hanging loops and this year was perfect for it. I would have been way ahead if I would'nt have went chasing after a cat.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm hoping for a good check I need more cables and somemore traps.

·
Premium Member
24,167 Posts
That's great!!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for all the congrats. I'm happy to say I helped my youngest brother with some pointers on locations and trap bedding and placement. He's got #4 this morning, 2 since Thursday when I coached him.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cabled another red and another mangey coyote. My brother also got a nice red this morning. Set up 3 more farms today with footholds, mainly for coyotes. I did not know that snow was coming. Think I wasted a day. Should've spent the day putting up fur.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts