The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
a writer I am not, but here goes;

To all of the men and women who choose to hit the woods this time of year with flintlocks in hand, I tip my hat and salute you all!!! we hunt at a time of year that can be 60 degrees and beautiful, 30 degrees and raining or most likely 10 degrees with a foot of snow 30 mph winds and snow blowing sideways. yet year after year day after miserable day you/we hit the woods and fields in hopes of bringing home a nice fat doe or if we are really lucky a trophy buck, both of which are true trophies with a flintlock. even though the deer have been hunted, chased, pushed, spooked, shot at and picked over you are out there. And yet with all of these negative elements against you, you continue on in the quest of that trophy. to come on here and see the pictures and stories is truly a wonderful thing. but most of all one of the greatest things is the lack of complaining about the time of year for the season or the length of the season, not wanting more other than to be just left alone to do your thing. simply just getting out with a weapon from the past and getting it done or not, either way is a good day:wink2:

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Right back at ya BP. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

·
Banned
1,186 Posts
a writer I am not, but here goes;

To all of the men and women who choose to hit the woods this time of year with flintlocks in hand, I tip my hat and salute you all!!! we hunt at a time of year that can be 60 degrees and beautiful, 30 degrees and raining or most likely 10 degrees with a foot of snow 30 mph winds and snow blowing sideways. yet year after year day after miserable day you/we hit the woods and fields in hopes of bringing home a nice fat doe or if we are really lucky a trophy buck, both of which are true trophies with a flintlock. even though the deer have been hunted, chased, pushed, spooked, shot at and picked over you are out there. And yet with all of these negative elements against you, you continue on in the quest of that trophy. to come on here and see the pictures and stories is truly a wonderful thing. but most of all one of the greatest things is the lack of complaining about the time of year for the season or the length of the season, not wanting more other than to be just left alone to do your thing. simply just getting out with a weapon from the past and getting it done or not, either way is a good day:wink2:
Didn't i just see the opposite from you on the archery season length thread?!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts