The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a mess he made of a beautiful briar choked pinch point. A true one and done for this snare location. I did toss a Bridger #2 in the catch circle though because he had it stunk up so bad and made some tremendous eye appeal for me.
You could barely walk through here when I set it yesterday, and the area was completely flat.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Nice fox !
He did do some damage, the badger I caught this season didnt tear up the set, he tried to dig to china. Took me over 2 hrs to dig him out useing a shovel and a pick axe.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
That's awesome #17! I had one in a 1 1/2 last year that did the same ting. Glad to see you got time to set. I was wondering how you've been.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Now that's funny!! It waaasss a great spot. Glad to see your getting some. I'm seriously thinking of packing it up this Friday. Unless I get some good trackn snow.

·
Registered
186 Posts
wow looks like a small dry land beaver hut lol nice job 17

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Great googly moogly, I thought the one I caught that dug a 1' deep by 2' wide hole was bad! Glad to see I'm not the only one that has that kind of problem. All I did was move the restraint onto the trail just outside the catch circle. Don't know if that was the right thing to do, but it felt like it was so I did it.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Good to see you're back at it 17.

I see he left you some turds to help add appeal to the remake.

Too bad we can't put cables on drags to preserve the set location.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've often wondered what it would take for us to get the GC to allow us to put Snares on slide cables.
You could catch them back off the edge and slide them out in the open to let them burn out. I don't really see what harm it could do to the animal as long as there wasn't entanglement along the way.
I had a spot where the reds were crossing a hedgerow one year. I caught 4 fox in CRs at that location and it looked like I ran a 10' brush hog through the hedgerow by the time I was done. Completely blew out that spot in less than a week.

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
congrats!! sure did some damage to that spot!!

is there really anything saying we CANT rig up a slider?? i think i understand your idea....

say 10-15ft or whatever of cable..staked on both ends...1 at the set..1 out in the open field...CR attached to a drowning slider on the cable..critter gets caught and only way it can go is out into the open...no entanglement along the way...

i guess our CRs HAVE to be anchored...but, technically it would be.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts