The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember seeing her for the first time. I was in awe. Holding her in my arms I never wanted to let go. Now in just a few short weeks I will have to let go in a way. You see Daddy's little girl is getting married. I catch myself recently thinking back and tears well in my eyes. I remember sitting with her on her first deer hunt as 12 does came trotting up out of the valley below. I swear I was shaking worse than her.I was in a panic she was as calm as could be. One shot and it was done, Heck the deer was bigger than she was.For all of the lessons about life that she has taught ME I am forever in debt. Maybe the spirit of that hunt with her so many years ago will carry on with my grandchild someday. And I can share with him or her the story of mommies first deer. Now if dad can just hang in there and not shake three Saturdays from now (don't want to hear that little girl chuckle at me again
).When life gets tough think back on those moments with your child. A greater gift than those memories I know I can never receive. To my little hunter I love you more every day. Where did the years go ?
LOVE DAD

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Great stuff Dave
your just getting ready to write the next chapter of the story!! Good luck to you and yours in the coming seasons!!

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
next thing you know youll have grandchildren and the process starts back over. except this round you get to just have fun, minimal butt wiping!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Excellent!!!!!! Had to get some pics out of my daughter.....Yep...where is the time going?

·
Registered
21,042 Posts
Thanks for putting things into perspective for us "young" dads out there.

Let us know how the wedding went.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys ! Was not sure this was the right place but doing alot of thinking recently.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
That brought a tear to my eye. My little girl is only 18 months old, but I know that the years will go by quickly and I'll have to give her away someday. Until then, I'll cherish every second that I have her to myself.

·
Super Moderator
28,097 Posts
It certainly is the right place for this post, Dave. The Spirit of The Hunt is never so evident, to me, as it is when we take our kids the first times.
My oldest daughter is 24 and youngest daughter is 5. My oldest son is 22 and the youngest is 7 months. Last week I took the 5 year old for her first "hunt". It is the first time in 10 years that I took a child for their first time. We sat in the stand, and as we talked about hunting I realized how important hunting is to raising my children. I learned more about my kids while in the woods with them, then I ever could while doing any other activity. That time with our kids can never be matched, and it can never be erased from our memories.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
nice dave, same feelings for me it's a blink of your eyes. my daughter is 40 now and she has a good husband and they gave my wife and i 2 wonderful boys. outdoor kinda kids. so it will just keep getten better dave you'll see. again dave nice post....later

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Positive thread....

Takes a real man to express himself. I have a son 8 mos. old, and things are only beginning to unfold for me. But reading this puts things in perspective for down the road.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Banjoman said:
Positive thread....

Takes a real man to express himself. I have a son 8 mos. old, and things are only beginning to unfold for me. But reading this puts things in perspective for down the road.

Thanks
Thanks to you all ! Banjoman I don't know about the real man part...just a man BEING real !
To me showing love is not an issue. Feelings are somewhat hollow if not shared. I know sometime on Oct 3rd I will be crying my eyes out with joy and pride. The speach by dear old dad is going to be tough for me. Probably interupted by choke ups,tears and throat clearings.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Hey, men are human too... we all have emotions in there somewhere! Good luck to ya'll and they'll do just fine knowing you brought her up well. I had a good "heart to heart" day with my father in law just over 2 years ago before we tied the knot and WE all are better off now than I've ever been being alone. Nice story to read and Good Luck to them and yourself! They'll be fine in the years to come

1 - 20 of 23 Posts