The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Jason, congrats on making a tough change in lifestyle. It will be well worth it.

I don't know if you have seen this website or not, but it has made a big difference for me. www.myfitnesspal.com

It is a great way to keep track of calories consumed and burned. Like I said, it is really working for me.

Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Life happens...don't feel bad about enjoying yourself on occasion. Just pick back up this week. I think too many times people figure that one bad weekend off the wagon is reason to give up.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I said the heck with it at the end of the second period and went to bed. My wife was watching it in the bedroom and I was woken to a loud WooHoo after Kunitz scored...I had to stay up and watch the rest after that.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Nothing wrong with 2 pounds a week. Just think, by the 4th of July you will have lost another 30 pounds.

My take on it is that I want to enjoy life. I might have been able to drop the weight quicker had I stopped eating wings...drinking beer and hooch and all the other good stuff, but I don't want to give that stuff up. Instead, I just cut back.

As of this morning I am down 28 pounds from October and after about another 9 pounds I will start upping my eating a little and probably cut back on my exercise a little till I figure out what I need to maintain. At that point, it will be like a walk in the park.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
JasonN said:
Schedule is filling up with T-ball and swimming lessons and general life stuff so it's tough to get to the gym as much, but I make it a point anyway. I won't get to the gym until late tonight, but I kind of like watching the second period from the elliptical and it's cardio night so that's where I'll be!
IMHO, this is the downfall to most exercise routines. I make it a point to get up an hour early and get my run in before work, otherwise there is no way I would be able to do it. Way too many "life" things that happen after work to get in the way...even when intentions are good.

Keep up the good work and determination...it's well worth it in the long run.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Way to go Jason. I think "floundering" is pretty common. I went through it a while back. Just tell yourself it's a temporary thing and get back at it. Just remember, it's always about the long term. Even a couple weeks of gaining can be undone. Don't give up.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
JasonN said:
My body just doesn't want to lose weight unless I work really, really hard at it. That includes calories lower than any recommended number I've seen coupled with rigorous exercise.

I honestly work my tail off, but if I don't lift 3 days a week I won't lose an ounce. I can gain 10 pounds(not water) in two weeks, but I can't lose more than 2 pounds no matter what I do. That's hard to fight against.

I think I may have to see my doctor to be honest. It just doesn't make sense to me how I can do everything right and not lose weight....then go above and beyond(which is not sustainable) and only lose a pound. But if I eat or drink slightly more than I should I'll pack on 2 pounds seemingly overnight. I think it's insulin resistance or something to that effect. I had 250 cals this morning for breakfast at 6:30....my stomach is completely empty right now(I can feel the water I'm drinking filling it up) and growling. My lunch might be around 500 cals and around 1000-1300 for dinner. I'll likely take a ride after work if the weather is nice. It won't matter though because I when I get on the scale it's clearly not going the right direction.

Not really words congruent to refocusing and getting back at it....especially when 'it' isn't working.
Let me start this by saying that I believe what works for one doesn't mean it will work for another.

But, I can't eat as many calories as I am supposed to be able to eat without gaining. It took me 9 months to loose 40 pounds and I stayed around 1300-1500 calories a day. And that was with at least 45 min of exercise 5 days a week. Most calculators say that I can eat 2300 and maintain my weight. For the past 4 months I've been keeping between 1700 and 2000 and haven't changed my weight more than 2 pounds either way. And for most of that 4 months I was running 25-30 miles per week.

I'm not saying that everyone should eat like that, but the calculators don't fit everyone. Weight loss is about calories. (unless you have a medical condition) Don't be afraid to cut the calories, just do it a little at a time and pay attention to your body. Most important thing in my opinion is to log everything you put in your mouth....EVERYTHING.

Keep at it Jason, you have come a long way and shown true determination to get to where you are now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.