The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a good hunting app for an I phone? I see some and have downloaded a few but they did not work very well. If you have used any and they worked well please let me know which one I should be going after. Thanks.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I have been using the Huntstand app for the past couple of years. You can use your phone and also set it up to their website on a PC. It has a huge variety of tools but I use it for the maps and the weather/wind direction all the time when I am hunting. That I can tell it is pretty accurate for the wind.

·
20,123 Posts
'On X Hunt' blows huntstand out of the water but it cost $30 annual. Best $30 I spend each year though. If ya don't believe me go get the free 2 week trial and see. You buy it if you do.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I disagree with On X is better than Huntstand. The On X maps are wrong as far as ownership and they are at least 2 years behind on satellite. If you look at the Moshannon state forest for example... On X is way out of whack on ownership. They mark a great deal of it as privately owned. Not sure who they use for satellite imagery, but it is outdated compared to Huntstand.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Will HuntStand track where you walked during a hunt? I have used GPS Hunt in the past and that was a feature that I really liked. But it doesn't seem like it is a feature with HuntStand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts