The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mom just passed away on tuesday morning and we had the funeral yesterday and today I really miss her just laid around dident feel like doing anything my wife said why dont you go bowhunting and the first time in my life I dident feel like going I sure miss her

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
Sorry for your loss. If it were me, I would have went bowhunting. That is one of the only things I do that take away all of the problems in my life.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
My heart goes out to you. It wasn't hunting season when I lost my dad but shortly after his death I did go the spot I'd taken a buck at the previous year (to show him where it was). Go out hunting and show your mother places you've probably never showed her before, she'll be right there with you.
God Bless

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks she would have wanted me to go but I was not feeling it I should have because like you said when I am in my tree stand I dont worry about other things I will be back out tomarrow its my boys first hunt he is 7 and taking this hard so I hope he has a good day afield thanks for your post I just wanted to vent a little

·
Registered
10,309 Posts
jwvincent32 said:
Thanks she would have wanted me to go but I was not feeling it I should have because like you said when I am in my tree stand I dont worry about other things I will be back out tomarrow its my boys first hunt he is 7 and taking this hard so I hope he has a good day afield thanks for your post I just wanted to vent a little
Prayers to yer family. Now get out there and enjoy life.

·
Registered
440 Posts
You know I would be willing to bet one of the things that made your mother happiest was hearing your hunting stories, Weather it was her listening, one on one, or her bending her ear to listen to you tell your story to others Ill bet it tickled her and made her proud.
The power of the woods will bring you closer to your mother. The thoughts we have out there are always clearest.
My Mother started to slip away when I was still in the military and it pained me deeply. My mother and I were very
close . Being on the other side of the world when things started to happen to her was very hard but one day my sister told me that my mother would often slip in and out of reality. She then told me that often My mother would talk to me about my hunting even though I wasn't there. She would even repeat the stories like they really happened.
Bottom line is I never felt closer to my mother since she passed than I do when I'm out hunting.
Weather you know it or not she was your biggest fan, Never stop giving her something to brag about!

Thanks for posting this I need this more than I knew!
I'm sorry for your loss but please remember we only lose what we are willing to give up. keep her close to your heart Make her proud !

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
sorry to hear about your loss. My prayers are with ya.

Get in the stand and let your mind wonder

·
Registered
138 Posts
JWV,

Prayers and condolences in this time of grief but know that she is in a better place

Best regards,
CM

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.