The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to weld some stuff together and decided on making an exhaust snork. so monday on the way home from work I stopped at a local pipe shop and had them bend me up some 90 deg pieces out of 2" pipe. I was planning on welding it together rather then slip fit that way it would give the illusion of being bent out of one pipe when in reality it is made out of four different pieces. I started out with making a flange. I allready knew how to make one since I made my own 2" tip. it wasn't long till I had a flange cut out and the holes drilled. I helped my father the majority of monday night so I started getting into the grunt of it yesterday. I started cutting pipe the way I needed this and that alot of eyeing things up. in the end you pipe that comes up must have pulled because when I tacked it together everything was straight. it is leaning to the outside just a bit. I smoothed over the welds with a flap disk on a 4" angle grinder. the only thing that needs done yet is painting it. I will use high temp flat black.

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
Cool!

Now you need to design an watertight breather the same height!!

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have my bike snorked to under the pod. so I am good till the handlebars. I do not want to go any deeper. but the rule of thumb is to make the exhaust atleast 6" taller then the intake. if you look in the top pic there is a black hose that comes down from the gas tank area and goes towards the front that is the snork for the front. since the pipe is so stiff that is the way I had to run it.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Ben,I have seen some of your videos of your water crossings on here you need a snorkle for yourself to

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there was a video of a rzr going under where the only thing sticking out was the snorks. guy had to have a scuba tank to do it. pretty cool. when I get home I will try to find it.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
You need a nice chrome 90' on the top of that now!

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 9 of 9 Posts