The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys i lost my drivers license today in the woods, actually i lost my whole wallet, it had every photot i.d ever in the wallet, s.s.n card and all. It is a lesson well learned not to carry my whole wallet, but my question is i want to hunt tomarrow, what do i need incase i am stopped tomarrow by the game commision?

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Yes and I would be reapplying online for all your cards.
Is there any way to back track?,check the parking area.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I was checked the last saturday of rifle, the game officer checked my license(hunting, never asked for drivers), and shot the bull for 10 min and that was it, if you explain I think you'll be alright

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
In our hunter ed classes, the WCO has mentioned that having an electric bill or some other piece of official mail would suffice for him. Every WCO I know has been very easy to work with, you'll be fine. Good luck!!

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
yotehunter74 said:
Mail is not proof of ID
Correct, I've had non-residents use water bills from trailer campgrounds to get a resident license. Try to find something and explain your situation if need be. If you know it, give an officer your driver's license number if you get questioned. He can run your drivers license through the dispatch center, with or without it if need be.

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
this is the reason I only hunt with an old, expired ID card. Nothing says it has to be current, just has to be a photo ID.

·
Premium Member
Ravin R9
6,214 Posts
John Henry said:
this is the reason I only hunt with an old, expired ID card. Nothing says it has to be current, just has to be a photo ID.
I have two old drivers licenses I carry in my hunting license holder.
No way I'm carrying my wallet with all my important stuff in it.

·
Administrator
30,333 Posts

Just getting ready, this could go on for pages

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
I was told to make a copy of my IDs and put that in your license holder.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I never carry my drivers license with me, I always keep it in my truck. I have my drivers license number memorized and the way I figure if the WCO doesn't want to believe me or insists on seeing it then he can walk to my truck with me. I have yet to meet a WCO in the woods who wanted my ID. They have all been very pleasant and have been understanding of why I keep it in my truck.

·
6,466 Posts
buckthumper said:
A game warden gave me this tip 20 years ago and I still do it to this day. Every 4 years when I renew my drivers license, I put the old license in with my hunting license.
i got checked last year by a wco that is a member here and an old license was not an acceptable form of id for him. it had to be current.

G

·
treestand91 said:
buckthumper said:
A game warden gave me this tip 20 years ago and I still do it to this day. Every 4 years when I renew my drivers license, I put the old license in with my hunting license.
i got checked last year by a wco that is a member here and an old license was not an acceptable form of id for him. it had to be current.
Taken from the digest:
Identification Required When Hunting: While
afield, in addition to their hunting or furtaker license,
sportsmen are required to have cards or
papers that must be shown to an officer or landowner
upon request to confirm identification and
residency
If a WCO gives you a hard time about an old drivers license you did something else wrong.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
What some dont realize is that an expired DL does not confirm residency.

Another misconception is that the "WCO will just have to walk out to the car with me" The WCO does not and you are in violation if the WCO so chooses to cite you.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
WCO said:
What some dont realize is that an expired DL does not confirm residency.

Another misconception is that the "WCO will just have to walk out to the car with me" The WCO does not and you are in violation if the WCO so chooses to cite you.
Well Mr WCO, While I will admit you are correct,I would rather pay the fine than go through the stress, money and all around headache of trying to replace everything or even worse, someone stealing your Identity and ruining your life forever. Just me.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
If a WCO would ever see me in the woods and ask for a photo ID then he would either fine me right there or have to follow me to the truck. I never carry a wallet with me unless I am going in a bank or store to purchase something with plastic. It is a law that needs revised. If there is a question to weather you are a PA resident or not that should be taken care of when you purchase your liscense not when you are hunting.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Then if that is resolved you will have family members and buddies loaning licenses to others... it goes on now, and would only increase if there is no chance of being asked for ID

1 - 20 of 77 Posts