The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's still one month away but anyone else out there excited like I am for the early season? What smoke pole everyone using? Where is everyone hunting for the season? I'll be using my T/C encore Pro Hunter with omega scope and will be in those beautiful hills of north east Mckean county. Good luck to all!!

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
I'll probably use my Omega till I kill one, then I'll use the Lyman percussion I picked up this summer.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Going to try..again...to shoot one with my .62cal. Smoothbore. I believe it has a Hex on it. I`ve used it and my Son used it. Never had a shot when we had it out. So, maybe this year????

·
Registered
658 Posts
Just bought a used (likke brand new) Omega. Put a 3 x 9 Bushnell banner on it. My first inline. Getting out to shoot it early next week. Hunt in 4C and 4E with guns all game lands and 4C private farm for archery. Good luck all.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The only thing left to do is sharpen my knife. It will be either the Lyman trade rifle or the deer stalker that I will be packing. 54 patched ball, flintlock.

·
Premium Member
4,369 Posts
We'll be haunting the Tioga State Forest with four flintlocks for the first four days of the season. Then, back to 4C and 5C for the last couple of days, weather permitting. Gool luck to all, and remember to aim small to miss small.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
T/C Renegade .54, PRB & 90grn FFg

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I love the early season.....wish I didn't have to wear orange but.....

Pic from last year, (a little crooked because I had to put the camera on a rock as I was hunting by myself)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts