The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay...similar to the "person above me should be banned..." thread

Here we are gonna talk about foods that we'd change for one reason or another. I'll start.

I just wish canned venison didn't look like a science experiment or specimen jar. No matter how good the finished product is, the wife simply won't touch it. If the kids see that jar come out of the cabinet, all bets are off. If i get the jar into the pot with noone noticing, the kids will leave me the scraps. Maybe. Canned venison stroganoff with my first attempt at homemade noodles tonight. came out VERY well.

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
I just wish tomatos didnt have such a nasty texture. I dont mind the taste of tomatos but the texture of the skin and flesh is nasty. I cant eat tomatos, ill have ketchup, sauce, or juice but no whole maters for me.

and as for pickles, they are intolerable, Its just disturbing to me that someone can waste a perfectly good cuccumber to make something that foul tasting.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TATERDAVID said:
Pickles give me gas
My wife's cooking gives me gas. I think it's the garlic. Good stuff so far. I got another one. Why the hooplah about Morrels? I tasted one this year. floured and fried. About as exciting as eating bluegills vs. rock bass. :shrug:

·
Super Moderator
23,761 Posts
Mushrooms can be exciteing but as I get older not to interested in that.

My wife is a awesome cook but she's on a health kick lately. I hate it. I don't need to lose weight

·
Administrator
39,066 Posts
turkey4life said:
I just wish tomatos didnt have such a nasty texture. I dont mind the taste of tomatos but the texture of the skin and flesh is nasty. I cant eat tomatos, ill have ketchup, sauce, or juice but no whole maters for me.
I'm with ya on that one!

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
depends on the t-mater for me. Fresh off the vine with a cantaloupe texture...heck yeah. Grainy beach sand hot house tomatoes in december? no thanks. I'd rather put canned tomatoes on my salads

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Perhaps pudding should have milk products in it, puddin should not, it should be eaten thick on bread wth lots of mustard and onions.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
NOT BEING FROM UP HERE, WHAT IS IN SCRAPPLE,THAT PEOPLE DO NOT LIKE?

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
who the heck doesn't like scrapple? man, its like hillbilly filet mignon.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
FIRST IT WAS SCRAPPLE NOW IT'S PUDDIN, WHAT DO THESE THING HAVE IN THEM FOR THIS OTHERWISE BAD REACTION?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
BY THE WAY I EAT JUST ABOUT ANYTHING THAT WONT EAT ME FIRST.
I'M REAL PATICULAR.

·
Registered
10,199 Posts
jayd4wg said:
okay...similar to the "person above me should be banned..." thread

Here we are gonna talk about foods that we'd change for one reason or another. I'll start.

I just wish canned venison didn't look like a science experiment or specimen jar. No matter how good the finished product is, the wife simply won't touch it. If the kids see that jar come out of the cabinet, all bets are off. If i get the jar into the pot with noone noticing, the kids will leave me the scraps. Maybe. Canned venison stroganoff with my first attempt at homemade noodles tonight. came out VERY well.
I have always eaten venison and loved it. BUT I absolutely refused to eat that stuff. It looked like crap. Until just about 2 weeks ago, we were playing poker and the guy who brought the food brought canned venison. To make it worse it was from 2007!

He heated it with mushrooms and onions, and served it with hot pepper cheese, fresh horseradish an an onion roll! That stuff was absolutely awesome. Best deer I ever had. There will be much more going into the pantry this year.

Scrapple? I grew up on Mom's scrapple. my wife uses the same recipe today. Now I'm hungry.

·
Registered
208 Posts
scrapple is made of the same stuff as hot dogs (everything but the squeal). I laugh when people turn their heads from scrapple, but they'll scarf down a grilled hot dog or bratwurst.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts