The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After waiting all year for the late archery and flintlock season I managed to break my trigger finger requiring 4 stitches. I wonder how bad that will hurt I do try to hunt (which I will) and if I can butcher a deer by myself.

I hate when I do that !!!!

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
Use your middle finger to pull the trigger. Had something similar happen quite a while ago. Its not hard to adjust to doing it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have a very good friend who lost his trigger finger in an industrial accident 30 years ago. He gets along very well using his middle finger to pull the trigger on his rifles, pistols and bow release.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
adapt and overcome, anyone who was in the military has heard that hundreds of times

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Take a picture of yourself holding up your middle finger, and post it on here.

Then we will see your post....next year....after your 12 month time out.

Dave

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have 2 crossbows as well and I tried the middle finger with that this morning. My smashed index finger( due to the metal splint) will be hit by the bow string causing me to do " The pain dance" once again.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
About 12 years ago on halloween day I broke my right wrist the whole way across right where the wrist bends.As the doc was casting it I asked the nurse(doc was indian and couldn't understand a word)if he could stop the cast at the base of my finger so I could use my trigger finger.Nurse knew I was a hunter right away and she convinced him to stop it shorter than he wanted.The first morning of gun season I killed a 7 pt. with no trouble pulling the trigger.It was even helpful in persuading my brother to help me drag it! ;)Best of luck!

·
Registered
306 Posts
I sliced the finger in trigger finger putting a tag in a ear. I feel you try your middle finger. With me I can shoot either lefty or righty. So ya just start working that middle finger on the trigger now to get used to it.

·
Premium Member
24,010 Posts
Best wishes for a quick/complete healing!!

I'm sure a good ole Country Boy will survive!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I know where youre commin from smashed&severed the tendon of middle digit of my right index can use middle finger if you can keep splint out of the way recoil does hurt some evan 4 months later good luck

1 - 19 of 19 Posts