The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sat morning when doe opened up, It was a nice 25 out and this lady walked in to about 60 yds from me. I hit a little forward of where I like and took some shoulder. She ran about 30-40 yards.
Recovered the bullet from under the far side hide, I think the dog ate it though during clean up after quartering.

·
Premium Member
4,359 Posts
Varmint, congratulations on, "making meat" the traditional way!

Now, tell us about that fine looking flintlock in the photo. It appears to have the lock on the wrong side, but other than that, is is a beautiful piece.

·
Banned
462 Posts
Aweseome man congrats....I can't wait til the 26th, I have been waiting since the end of archery season for late season to get here. I am not a big fan anymore of being out during rifle season, just to many people out...even on the private land I hunt!

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is a Getz PA barn gun.

The bbl is a Getz and his father has put them together for a long time. I got the first one he had outside help with and it is marked Getz*Camp. 54 cal swamped bbl, lop 14 in, (long arms, fits like a glove)The lock was put on the proper side and she balances perfectly.

One of the reasons I took her out ASAP was that the father seemed concerned that I was going to hang it on the wall, and I wanted to ship him a picture ASAP.

They said that they were going to do kits, but I really wanted my first real one to be done by someone who knew what they were doing. Now, I am thinking of the same thing, barn gun, except in a 68 smooth.

This is the second time I have made meat out of smoke, it is addicting.
BTW, the daughter was with me and there was a slight breeze to our faces. After I touched it off, I heard her spitting to clear her mouth, I was laughing so hard I had to hope the deer was going down.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rancher00 said:
Varmintmist said:
Recovered the bullet from under the far side hide, I think the dog ate it though during clean up after quartering.
Hey, we skinned and quartered 3 that night. Part of clean up was open the door and have happy puppy time. Any help I could get at that point........

1 - 12 of 12 Posts