The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my Chevy trucks, but have been very disappointed in Chevy for the past 5 or 6 years. They still make a nice truck, but they are way behind Ford and Dodge in a lot of things.
Not talking driveline here, rather looks, features, options etc......
I just ordered a new Ford Raptor. I looked at the new Chevys, drove a High Country, but in my opinion, Chevy offers nothing to compare to the Raptor. Not in ride, interior , or looks.......not to mention cab room.
I am taking some good natured ribbing from friends of mine for this......

Bottom line is , I sold my company and retired, buying a new truck this year will still help my taxes (business stuff), but I don't really need a new Duramax, even though I love them. I was looking for a truck with big horse, sets up in the air a little, and all the buttons and toys. Truly was a easy choice with the Raptor...........I may have the local Roush dealer put the Roush package on it after it gets here.
Factory 410 HP......Roush package makes it either 525 hp, or 590 hp and 590 torque depending on package I choose.
I ordered it in Blue Flame..........interior has leather seats trimmed in the same blue, and dashed trimmed in blue as well........I put everything on it but a front camera.......yes, Ford offers those.......
For you truck nut's like me, look a Raptor up on line......sweet truck, and hard to find as they are limited production, and may be dropped from the 2015 line up.

Anyway, I may regret it, but for now it seems to be the truck to fit my needs............

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS on many levels!
Congrats on new truck!
More importantly congratulations on making the decision to sell your business!

·
Registered
9,479 Posts
Congrats,you shore can,t miss them brutes comin down the road.Are you tradin in your Chevy?Why would this be the last year for the Raptor,are the sales sluggish?I thought your next truck was gonna be the new half ton Dodge diesel.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tough choice, I will give those Dodge diesels a couple years and see what Ford and Chevy come out with as well. And I am just not ready for a Dodge yet, even though they make a good truck, that's just a "me" thing.
I have a few people who want my truck, in fact a contractor friend of mine just called me 20 minutes ago and wanted it, but my new truck is 3 months away, so I won't let mine go till then. He said let him know when new one is here.
I can run it through dealer as a courtesy trade, which helps with sales tax.
Dealer will take it on trade, but it is not hard to sell a good clean Duramax around here, and people know I take care of my stuff, so it will be sold by the time new one shows up.

Ford has not released their 2015 line up yet, and with pressure from the Guv't to get rid of gas guzzlers, the raptor with the 6.2 is up in the air yet, from what I understand. Just like Chevy dropped the Avalanche after 2013.......which in my opinion was a bad choice.
Another reason your seeing 1/2 ton diesels which get better fuel economy.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, at least someone see's the need for Chevy to pick their head out of the sand, although I am not even a little impressed with that version.
Southern comfort does make some nice Chevys, I have one in the garage. But that attempt to compete with a Raptor was sad.
My wife's 2013 Avalanche , Southern Comfort Edition.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
GOB,

The Raptor starts it's life at the Ford factory, then goes to SVT for all the goody's that make it a Raptor, so it's not a straight factory build. Thus the 3 months.
It does however get a better warranty than the F=150 when its all done, so it's blessed a warrantied by Ford.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts