The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tracking a new bow, package scan results says "Departed Lehigh Valley 4:34 AM", which is about 30 miles from my home in Jim Thorpe. Never arrived at the post office, no new scans as of 1 PM. So where the he77 is it??

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Sojourner66 said:
Tracking a new bow, package scan results says "Departed Lehigh Valley 4:34 AM", which is about 30 miles from my home in Jim Thorpe. Never arrived at the post office, no new scans as of 1 PM. So where the he77 is it??
Probably still in Lehigh Valley. Keep an eye to see if they change the scan to another day/time. I watched Harrisburg do the same on a priority package of mine 3 consecutive days. Arrival and departing scan kept changing. All I can figure is, it hides the fact it isn't moving, for one reason or another (weather, staffing, truck room/schedules ,ect) from monitoring of movement goals.

UPS is no better. I had one shipped with them that was scanned "out for delivery" 4 consecutive days.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
I ordered a bed cover for my truck November of 2013. UPS said they delivered package to my front door. I called and said there is no package. They said they will send the driver back out tomorrow to confirm they dropped at the right house. I was fine with that because I had off the next day. All day goes by nobody shows up not a knock on the door. I call them back at 4:30 and tell them nobody showed up. They said there driver was there knocking on the door nobody answered. I called hogwash I was home all day. Obliviously he dropped package off at wrong house and went to the same wrong house to check and that is why I don't have my package. Now keep in mind a bed cover for a truck comes in a box 6ft long by 4 ft wide. They asked me if I checked by the back door that I just probably missed it. How can I miss something that big. I filed a compliant and a lost package form with them. I called the company I bought it from they said nothing I can do I have to deal with UPS. UPS says I will have to try and get another one from where I bought it from because it is not their fault they left it at my house. I come home one day in May of 2014 to a huge box on my porch with a hand written note from UPS on it saying sorry about my package It has been at the hub for all this time. That is the absolute last time I will ever use UPS for anything.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
I don't get excited until it says(Out For Delivery). If it does not arrive that day or the next I will make a phone call.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Curly Maple said:
Sojourner66 said:
Probably still in Lehigh Valley. Keep an eye to see if they change the scan to another day/time. I watched Harrisburg do the same on a priority package of mine 3 consecutive days. Arrival and departing scan kept changing. All I can figure is, it hides the fact it isn't moving, for one reason or another (weather, staffing, truck room/schedules ,ect) from monitoring of movement goals.

UPS is no better. I had one shipped with them that was scanned "out for delivery" 4 consecutive days.
Then they're lying. About 2 weeks ago they lost another one for me, a Makita drill battery. Their scans showed it arrived in their office in the AM, and got shipped back out in the PM! And nobody has seen it since.

·
Banned
2,577 Posts
Big Redneck said:
Local postmaster calls Warrendale the black hole
My dad has worked at Warrendale for over 25 years....it has really gone down hill. They are way understaffed but don't want to pay for new employees. All they end up getting is temps. I worked there a few times in between school and what-not and there are a lot of hard working people and also a handful that love taking advantage of their amazing UNION. I am not anti-union but there are guys there that literally show up, sign up for all of the over time they can get and hide in little areas and watch movies and listen to the radio all night when they aren't outside smoking a cigarette. They get in trouble but the union saves their jobs over and over again.

But like I said, lots of good and plenty of bad too!

·
Super Moderator
4,622 Posts
I have simple solution for all.Shop in actual store not on the internet.Your products are in hand when you leave.The online retailer will not service your product.The brick and mortar will.Buy a product online?Want warranty service?Do you think the brick and mortar cares.Back of the line.

·
Registered
40,339 Posts
My dad has worked at Warrendale for over 25 years....it has really gone down hill. They are way understaffed but don't want to pay for new employees. All they end up getting is temps. I worked there a few times in between school and what-not and there are a lot of hard working people and also a handful that love taking advantage of their amazing UNION. I am not anti-union but there are guys there that literally show up, sign up for all of the over time they can get and hide in little areas and watch movies and listen to the radio all night when they aren't outside smoking a cigarette. They get in trouble but the union saves their jobs over and over again.

A few points of information. Those slackers were not hired by the union, they were hired by management. Management hired the temps at low wages and they get what they pay for.

Now the slackers are dumped on the union. The union must defend them to the best of their ability, if they fail to do this, the union is open to litigation by the member they failed to defend. They don't have a choice to not defend.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
I bought some once fired brass from a fellow HPAer, (first time that I dealt with this gentleman) he packaged it in one of the post offices boxes per their spec's, he e-mailed me that it had been sent and gave me the tracking number. Nothing showed for a week then he e-mails me that he got back the part of the box with his return address, nothing else!!!

He returned my money and I would certainly deal with him again as it wasn't his fault.

I very very seldom deal on-line.

As for the Union, I was a shop Stewart for several years, you spend 90% of your time dealing with 2% of the membership.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Sojourner66 said:
Then they're lying.
That is correct. They are lying. It's not a union lying to you. It's postal management. There is less pain for them to lie to you/me/us, than there is if they allow the scans to show they have it, but didn't move it. Nobody wants to deal with the wrath of the next layer of management above. Making a package look like it is moving while balancing it in mid air at one location apparently gets them off that hook because all the processing centers seem to be doing it.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hiamovi said:
I have simple solution for all.Shop in actual store not on the internet.Your products are in hand when you leave.The online retailer will not service your product.The brick and mortar will.Buy a product online?Want warranty service?Do you think the brick and mortar cares.Back of the line.
Mine was a private sale, as are many others.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Curly Maple said:
Sojourner66 said:
Then they're lying.
That is correct. They are lying. It's not a union lying to you. It's postal management. There is less pain for them to lie to you/me/us, than there is if they allow the scans to show they have it, but didn't move it. Nobody wants to deal with the wrath of the next layer of management above. Making a package look like it is moving while balancing it in mid air at one location apparently gets them off that hook because all the processing centers seem to be doing it.
Perhaps so, management plays games as well. Regarding the first package they lost, I contacted the "help line", they said they'd get back to me in 3 days. Never heard from them, just got an emailed "how did we do" survey.
I am retired postal, carrier 26 years and a union officer, CS Supv. Delivery for 6 years. You cannot fire an employee for incompetence, heck you can't even disciplne them. Only saw 3 fired in all that time and that was for theft.

The temps are working because USPS has too many employees in some locations that they'd like to excess to other offices, mostly clerks due to automation and presort mail. But they can't. USPS is in dire straits.

·
Banned
2,577 Posts
dc 21 said:

A few points of information. Those slackers were not hired by the union, they were hired by management. Management hired the temps at low wages and they get what they pay for.

Now the slackers are dumped on the union. The union must defend them to the best of their ability, if they fail to do this, the union is open to litigation by the member they failed to defend. They don't have a choice to not defend.
trust me, i am well aware. it's just a crumby situation! that's all i was saying.

·
Banned
2,577 Posts
Sojourner66 said:
Curly Maple said:
Sojourner66 said:
Then they're lying.
Perhaps so, management plays games as well. Regarding the first package they lost, I contacted the "help line", they said they'd get back to me in 3 days. Never heard from them, just got an emailed "how did we do" survey.
I am retired postal, carrier 26 years and a union officer, CS Supv. Delivery for 6 years. You cannot fire an employee for incompetence, heck you can't even disciplne them. Only saw 3 fired in all that time and that was for theft.

The temps are working because USPS has too many employees in some locations that they'd like to excess to other offices, mostly clerks due to automation and presort mail. But they can't. USPS is in dire straits.
Warrendale got dumped on and many supervisor friends of my father and I just simply lost their bids. Some were lucky enough to find placement and some were not. Half of my dads now fellow employees were shipped in from Detroit several years back.

They have recently converted some MHA(mail handler assistants) to regulars so that was good to hear but it seems like every new employee is the son or daughter of someone higher up the chain!

The last time I worked there I was forced to work 7 days a week, 12 hours a day for months before I got a day off. There were regulars there that didn't miss an hour of OT netting 130k+ a year and some of them I never even knew were there.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
"The last time I worked there I was forced to work 7 days a week, 12 hours a day for months before I got a day off. There were regulars there that didn't miss an hour of OT netting 130k+ a year and some of them I never even knew were there."

I left the service in 2003 so I'm not up on the latest changes in structure. But in all my years, in three different offices, I never saw any disciplinary action stick, beyond the 3 firings for theft. Arbitrators routinely ruled in favor of unions with suspensions reduced to LOW's. The system of everybody being paid the same for their efforts (or lack of), and having any merit raises discouraged for those that did excel, stifled good employees. And there are many good employees. I supervised 32 carriers and perhaps 4-5 were uncooperative PITA's.
Anyway, tracking results says my bow is in the office.

·
Registered
317 Posts
The last couple of items I ordered from various places were sent UPS to the Bethlehem hub and from there they were delivered to the Post Office for delivery. Seems like that is the way they are going with small packages. Now when I was in business, I would get packages delivered by UPS and left on my porch, most of which were worth between 6000 and 8000 Dollars but in the end, I was getting packages delivered that were broken open and most of the contents were missing. I even found one in the bushes near my back door about 3 weeks after it was delivered. So I can see that their service has declined over the years. As for the USPS, sometimes I get other peoples mail and they get mine.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts