The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have caught two this year.

was excited when I saw it was a Zebco 33 today

had one as a kid and it was an excellent reel.

It was seized up....i was disappointed.

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Fishing in the Gulf of Mexico a few years ago, I had a fish pull my rod and reel overboard. We were in about 60 feet of water and drifting. About an hour later, a good mile from where my rod went over board, I ended up catching that rod. It still had the fish on it too.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
i lost a zebco 33 classic about 20 years ago in a pond. a fish pulled it in while my sister was borrowing it. the rod was a berkley lightning rod. I had about $100 or so wrapped up in it. i sure do miss it. btw, she replaced it with a twenty dollar zebco setup.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
did you attempt to take it apart and clean the inside of it and grease it. they are a simple reel to take apart. not many parts inside them.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
I caught a bait caster one time out of the Ohio River. I bring in the rod and then much to my suprise I reel in the monster channel catfish that pulled it in the river. Bonus, caught fish and got nice reel.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Years ago I caught an Eagle Claw rod & Cardinal reel in Pymatuning.

Trolling a bottom bouncer and snagged on something. Was trying to break it off when the snag started to come up. It was a log. I undid my rig off the log and noticed another rig hooked on it with the line going down into the water. I unhooked the other rig to keep it and started pulling up the line so as to get it out of the lake and dispose of it properly. Then.....out of the water come the end guide of a rod.

Lesson someone never learned..... never set your rod down when trolling a bottom rig !! Lol !!

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
I caught a rod and reel once - my own.

I was fishing Crooked Creek in Armstrong County and had two rods set up that I was fishing with. I went on a short walk and when I came back only one rod was still there. I got to looking and could just barely see the butt end of my rod out in the water. I tied on the biggest lure I had and weighted it down with sinkers. After a number of casts, I hooked onto my rod and reeled it in. When I grabbed it and started reeling, I had a pretty nice catfish still on. Got the cat in and released it. Used that rod for a few more years until I snapped it fighting a large muskie up in Canada.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts