The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This year I hunted with my four year old Britt. She's a great dog though not fully trained. I love to watch her glide through the fields shoving her nose along the ground or in the air. Having her is like having nature as your friend. She pointed a lot of pheasants and it took me two boxes of shells before I could hit one. I think we both smiled when I finally did my job right.

Hunted turkeys with two of my brothers during Thanksgiving weekend. My dog broke up a flock and I called a bird back for my older brother. He missed it at close range. I didn't mind him missing because we had a great time razing him about it. I enjoy hunting with my brothers more than anything. I always think of my Dad at those times. In my mind, I always thank him for that heritage he passed on to us.

I rifled hunted for just two days this year. I would have liked to hunt more but I couldn't afford the time. Usually, there is no one where I park. This year, there were three other vehicles. I saw one deer on the first day when it was bucks only. Didn't see anything the other day. Not much shooting either. I am hoping to get out after Christmas for the extended season in 2B.

For the little time I had to hunt, I was glad to get out and forget about work/politics/government/problems/money/bills and all the other things that bear down on people these days. When I am hunting, it seems like I am in the world as God intended it to be.

Good luck hunting.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Great post. Sometimes I read some posts and threads on here and get the impression that some of our fellow hunters are taking things way too serious to be able to enjoy their time in the woods. Im glad I'm not one of them and I'm thankful that I had a great year also.

·
Registered
19,837 Posts
Thank you for posting. Great to see the passion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts