The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
30,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent the German forester/jagermeister in charge of the area I hunted an email to let him know I'm heading back to the States. I would've liked to say good bye in person, but had to do it by email because I can never get hold of him any other way. I thanked him much for all he did to assist in my German hunting experiences, and let him know how much I truly enjoyed my time as a Deutsche Jaeger.

I must've represented us American hunters well since he told me that if ever I'm back in Germany to let him know, and I'm welcome to hunt this area again!

Germans hunters are not known for inviting other hunters back, if they don't care for the way they handle themselves. Peer pressure to act ethically, lawfully, and safely is very high among the hunters here.
Glad to know that I passed muster.

·
Administrator
30,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RoosterBooster said:
I had no doubts..
Thanks John. I just acted by what I consider normal
This guy was always kinda quiet, so I never knew what he was thinking. But like I've said earlier, no matter what part of the world we're in there is a language among hunters that we all understand.

Magsav, I hunted mainly for Reh deer (Roe). Wild pigs are always in season and though I did hunt for them, I never had time to put in the effort needed. My thought was that as long as I was hunting deer, a chance at a pig would eventually come along. Close a few times, but never did get to make wild bacon.
In 3 1/2 deer seasons here (BTW, just opened for this year on 1 May) I did manage to kill seven rehs. 4 buck and 3 doe.
I would've loved to got into bird hunting here, but the area I'm in simply doesn't have much. Plus between workload and family, I was fortunate to have the times I did get out.
So yes, I was successful. Both in the kills, and the overall experience.

·
Administrator
39,075 Posts
BcozHunter said:
I sent the German forester/jagermeister in charge of the area I hunted an email to let him know I'm heading back to the States. I would've liked to say good bye in person, but had to do it by email because I can never get hold of him any other way. I thanked him much for all he did to assist in my German hunting experiences, and let him know how much I truly enjoyed my time as a Deutsche Jaeger.

I must've represented us American hunters well since he told me that if ever I'm back in Germany to let him know, and I'm welcome to hunt this area again!

Germans hunters are not known for inviting other hunters back, if they don't care for the way they handle themselves. Peer pressure to act ethically, lawfully, and safely is very high among the hunters here.
Glad to know that I passed muster.

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
Very nice to hear Brian. U heading back to PA?

·
Administrator
30,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ghost said:
Very nice to hear Brian. U heading back to PA?
Nope, headed to VA. They made me an offer I couldn't refuse

1 - 12 of 12 Posts