The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally filled out my doe tag application and mailed it to the local courthouse. Right after I dropped it in the mailbox I realized that I never filled in a 1st 2nd or 3rd choice. What will the courthouse do when they open it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,074 Posts
I would call them ASAP - and see if they have it set aside,,
they may toss in reject pile...

Several years ago - I printed doe app from PGC internet site, mailed it to Luzerne County Treasurer, with check - in plain white envelope..

A week later, I get my app & check back - with a pink envelope, and note to enclose app & check in pink envelope and mail back to them...

The govt is here to help you...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,346 Posts
Fill out another, complete application, send it in....you will most likely get your incomplete app & check back and they will process your complete application as you can only get one doe tag for first filing.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
14,702 Posts
Heit said:
Fill out another, complete application, send it in....you will most likely get your incomplete app & check back and they will process your complete application as you can only get one doe tag for first filing.
Bad idea that could get you cited for submitting more than one application in the same cycle.

Depending on the unit you are trying to get I would suspect they will either issue one for the primary unit of the County Treasurer you mailed to, reject it and send it back or call you.

It might not hurt to call them and see what they recommend you do though.

Dick Bodenhorn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,346 Posts
I'm speaking from the experience I had when I moved back to PA. I sent in two applications for two different units....in the first round....obviously I did not read the reg's at the time. I was awarded one doe tag and the other was returned to me. There were no repercussions from the county treasurer or state as a result.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
14,702 Posts
Heit said:
I'm speaking from the experience I had when I moved back to PA. I sent in two applications for two different units....in the first round....obviously I did not read the reg's at the time. I was awarded one doe tag and the other was returned to me. There were no repercussions from the county treasurer or state as a result.
The County Treasurer cut you a break then. If they had turned your second application over to the WCO instead of just returning it you might have been cited. The WCO might also have just given you a warning though if he/she was convinced it was an honest mistake.

it is still unlawful though to submit more than one application during each of the application cycles.

Dick Bodenhorn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,074 Posts
R. S. B. said:
Heit said:
I'm speaking from the experience I had when I moved back to PA. I sent in two applications for two different units....in the first round....obviously I did not read the reg's at the time. I was awarded one doe tag and the other was returned to me. There were no repercussions from the county treasurer or state as a result.
The County Treasurer cut you a break then. If they had turned your second application over to the WCO instead of just returning it you might have been cited. The WCO might also have just given you a warning though if he/she was convinced it was an honest mistake.

it is still unlawful though to submit more than one application during each of the application cycles.

Dick Bodenhorn
With all due respect WCO DB:

that is a [censored] violation - akin to sneaky $ grubbing speedtraps by local
PoPo's.

If your IT Dept is worth their salt,
the puter should reject (automatically) any duplicate CID's that hit the Doe App database...(see PGC Website - where they praise their inter-agency internal controls)

id dupe app received
result - reject pile...
no fines
let the "alleged perp" wonder about his outstanding check" and non-existent doe tag...

No need for heavy handed behavior by the PGC...

That is my opinion.

Your mileage may vary...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,406 Posts
Last year or the year before I forgot to put a WMU on my bonus application. Someone from the Luzerne County Treasurers Office called my house and left a message. I was able to call back and get it taken care of without any issues.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,079 Posts
If for any reason an application is returned to sender, a new pink envelope is required to mail.

The old envelope has barcodes applied that a machine will read. So even if a new stamp is applied to the old envelope, the envelope runs a high risk of being returned over and over. This is known as "looping".

So when the PO insists the envelope be new, they are not being hard boiled, it's to save the sender grief...


There is always a tough guy who thinks he can scream and insult and get the old envelope with the original postage back to the treasurer...


The PO lives for those moments.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
14,702 Posts
HD1969 said:
R. S. B. said:
Heit said:
I'm speaking from the experience I had when I moved back to PA. I sent in two applications for two different units....in the first round....obviously I did not read the reg's at the time. I was awarded one doe tag and the other was returned to me. There were no repercussions from the county treasurer or state as a result.
The County Treasurer cut you a break then. If they had turned your second application over to the WCO instead of just returning it you might have been cited. The WCO might also have just given you a warning though if he/she was convinced it was an honest mistake.

it is still unlawful though to submit more than one application during each of the application cycles.

Dick Bodenhorn
With all due respect WCO DB:

that is a [censored] violation - akin to sneaky $ grubbing speedtraps by local
PoPo's.

If your IT Dept is worth their salt,
the puter should reject (automatically) any duplicate CID's that hit the Doe App database...(see PGC Website - where they praise their inter-agency internal controls)

id dupe app received
result - reject pile...
no fines
let the "alleged perp" wonder about his outstanding check" and non-existent doe tag...

No need for heavy handed behavior by the PGC...

That is my opinion.

Your mileage may vary...
http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/058/chapter143/subchapCtoc.html

First of all look at 143.41(a):

§ 143.41. Purpose and scope.
(a) The intent of this section is to ensure a fair and equitable distribution of licenses.
Now look at 143.44 :
§ 143.44. Application.
It is unlawful to apply for more than one license before the unsold tag and unlimited anterless license application periods as set forth in this chapter.

It is all pretty clear that applying for more than one is unlawful. As I said though it would be up to the WCO if they cited or warned.

By the way, are you also one of the ones that think they shouldn’t be charging certain people who have been careless and negligent with Top Secret government information even though others have been prosecuted for doing the same thing? Probably shouldn’t charge them with lying to Federal investigators or committing perjury under oath even though others have spent many months and even years in prison for doing the same thing.

If you are going to have laws you also need to have fair enforcement of them, whether people like it or not. If we aren’t going to have fairly and equally enforced laws then we might just as well have a free for all, with anyone so included robbing, killing and just doing as they want.

Dick Bodenhorn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,074 Posts
R. S. B. said:
.
By the way, are you also one of the ones that think they shouldn’t be charging certain people who have been careless and negligent with Top Secret government information even though others have been prosecuted for doing the same thing? Probably shouldn’t charge them with lying to Federal investigators or committing perjury under oath even though others have spent many months and even years in prison for doing the same thing.
.
Dick Bodenhorn
I don't cheat the system... I play by the rules...
Just checked my doe app status - awarded yesterday for 3D & 4C..
My point was that the unique CID# is an auto stopgap for dupe license awards - the only human involvement should be tossing the app in the trash heap...not throwing a fine at someone - for a non-existent dupe license....

As far as da Hildabeast is concerned, if I told you what my thoughts were - the Secret Service would be knocking on my door...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,408 Posts
HD1969 said:
R. S. B. said:
.
By the way, are you also one of the ones that think they shouldn’t be charging certain people who have been careless and negligent with Top Secret government information even though others have been prosecuted for doing the same thing? Probably shouldn’t charge them with lying to Federal investigators or committing perjury under oath even though others have spent many months and even years in prison for doing the same thing.
.
Dick Bodenhorn
I don't cheat the system... I play by the rules...
Just checked my doe app status - awarded yesterday for 3D & 4C..
My point was that the unique CID# is an auto stopgap for dupe license awards - the only human involvement should be tossing the app in the trash heap...not throwing a fine at someone - for a non-existent dupe license....

As far as da Hildabeast is concerned, if I told you what my thoughts were - the Secret Service would be knocking on my door...
You may play by the rules, but some don't. By your line of thinking, if someone robs a bank, we should just take the money back from them and not press charges?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,079 Posts
HD1969 said:
R. S. B. said:
.
By the way, are you also one of the ones that think they shouldn’t be charging certain people who have been careless and negligent with Top Secret government information even though others have been prosecuted for doing the same thing? Probably shouldn’t charge them with lying to Federal investigators or committing perjury under oath even though others have spent many months and even years in prison for doing the same thing.
.
Dick Bodenhorn
I don't cheat the system... I play by the rules...
Just checked my doe app status - awarded yesterday for 3D & 4C..
My point was that the unique CID# is an auto stopgap for dupe license awards -
If you got two tags for yourself in the first round?

Someone sending one application to each of the county treasures in any round to insure they get a tag is no harm/no foul?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,841 Posts
I'm with you HD. Most LE use discretion they are allowed. Never seemed to me our Game commission officers do. By the way Dick pretty good comparisons there, people using goverment secrets and bank robbers, pretty close to messing up when you send your doe tag app in.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top