The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has finally arrived, my McWhorter Custom Rifles 7mm STW. It has a a Borden Timberline action, Hart fluted 26" (plus a 2" muzzlebrake) barrel, McMillan A3 Hunter stock, Nightforce 3.5-15x56 scope, and Nightforce rings and bases. This guy comes to me with a sight-in group of .266" center to center (.550 edge to edge). I have owned quite a few custom rifles, but I have never been as excited as I am about this one! The whole package weighs in a tad over 9 pounds! Here's some pics for you:

Mac

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Forgot to say that it's shooting the 180 grain Berger VLD hunting .284" (7mm) bullet with a BC of .659!

Mac

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
Congrats on a fine rig. Im not a 7mm fan but your rifle is first class especially that action. You will love the NF i have 3 and will not look back at the quality. I can dial out to any yardage and return to 100 yard zero everytime. That is what you paid for something to perform time after time.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Beautiful rifle waitin is over and you thought it would never get done I bet. Did Bobby Hart do the smith work on your rifle?? You've got yourself a one of a kind good luck with it a fine rig....later

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
That's a long range banger for sure.. you'll be able to smash em' out to 1000 yards without blinking an eye. MAKE sure you break the barrel in correctly, you'll save yourself a lot of work down the road. Hopefully you have access or plans to be able to use this type of equipment.

·
Registered
638 Posts
can't go far wrong with a borden,hart,mickie combo. nice rifle.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Very Nice! The 7mm STW looks like a great rig.
Happy hunting

1 - 20 of 23 Posts